The Heroes of Redwall: The Return of Zanzuthari Deathhound

Started by AbbotAlf0809, February 21, 2014, 04:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbotAlf0809

Davidari was rather suppressed at the vermin standing before them. Very few times had a vermin not attacked them and spoke to them like this. He bore somewhat of a half smile and replied, "What could bear to offer? I mean, what use could you be to us? If you wish I join our party, you must display your skills to us."

Zanthar looked out at his army as they left the scumy city of Agutrot, "We march to Mossflower, make camp at St. Ninians Church." Miharig nodded, "Yes Lord Zanthar. I have informed the Corsair Republic to meet us at Redwall during the attack. Same with the Imperials."

Leatho Shellhound

OOC: It's my Mom's birthday today, so I'll be gone most of the day, hope to get a post in tonight.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 04, 2014, 05:03:31 AM
Backing away from the tent, Kliegh noticed something out of the corner of his vision. Turning, he saw something. A dark-furred squirrel? Here in a camp of vermin?
Peculiar.
Momentarily putting aside his worries, he stepped toward the creature, half ready to pull his blade out if anything went pear-shaped.

OOC: Is it okay if they have a little tussle? To test each other, basically? ;D

Apparently this vermin wasn't as stupid as most, he stood and started to move in her direction. Pretending not to notice, she extended the hidden blade on her right arm so as to conceal its' existence from the approaching ferret. Arraka decided to give the beast a last chance before having to deal with a sticky situation, discarding with a body wasn't the easiest even with her speed. Turning her head she spoke sharply, "What are you looking at?" This phrase, while simple, should trigger a response from the target to see if he needed to be slain or not... Hopefully not.

OOC: Be careful if you try to get into a "tussle," Arraka plays for keeps, and if she goes sound wave on you you're pretty much dead unless you have a strong counter. Just be careful with what you say and do, if you start it then she won't try to just kill you outright (as everybeast would be looking and she'd be limited as to what magic she could use while still keeping her cover) and should provide enough time for them to figure out that they're on the same side.  ;)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

What are you looking at?
"Just a beast I am curious about. Tell me, strange squirrel, why you have joined this," Kliegh thought for a moment, "Unwelcoming army? While you seem dangerous, you also don't seem the type to attack the place called Redwall Abbey. For that is where we are headed, is it not? So answer, unless you want to taste the bite of cold steel." He patted the pommel meaningfully, and peered through his eye slits at Arraka. He didn't want to hurt him, much. But if it was a fight to happen, the dark squirrel would get a run for it's money.

OOC: Kliigh is a skilled fighter and he is wearing armor, so yeah. He also uses ice magic (as apparent by his name, Kliegh "Icepaw") Hope Arraka doesn't mind the cold. ;D
Nah, they won't end up killing each other (as far as I will go) just test their strength and find out which side they are on.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

AbbotAlf0809

As the vast horde marched through Mossflower, Zanthar ordered the army to stop for a water break. The vermin began to fill their water jugs, several arrows began to fly out from the woods around them. "Get to cover!" Shouted Miharig as an arrow his the rat next to him. Then several fox samurais leaped from the surrounding foliage. "Blast! The Jimanesse army! Men, attack!!!"

Dannflower Reguba

Before anybeast could blink, Arraka struck her arm out, halting it so that the hidden blade would be just a foot from Kliigh's chest, "A phantom threatened, only leads to the demise of the one foolish enough to cast such threats. You've earned no answer, and my purpose is nary yours to know." Her hood tilted back just far enough to let the warning in her eyes blaze through to this potential foe. She turned to "help" with the sudden appearance of the hounds foreign attackers. She quickly targeted who appeared to be leading the Jimanesse and spoke earnestly to his mind, "Their are too many! Pattern your soldiers in a shoot and retreat weave maneuver with the focus on the retreat, there are just too many of them!" Arraka looked up and dropped the hand from the side of her head that she had used to focus on the fox.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

This squirrel was acting very odd. Kliegh really had no intention of killing her (?); he was just eager to find someone with his own problems.
Wait, did she say, phantom? Oh dear.
He stubbornly vowed to find out more at a later time.
He was suddenly aware of his eminent danger: a Jimanesse fox charged him, katana raised above his head. Pulling out his own sword, the ferret met the blade with the clang of metal. Don't kill him, he's an ally in his ignorance, Kliegh thought. Any who were going to stop Zanzuth's horde couldn't be all bad. He put his left paw in near the fox's face and blasted it with freezing air. The Jimanesse soldier gasped and stepped back as the side of his face froze unexpectedly. The ferret proceeded to freeze the fox's chest also, slowing down his heart. It wouldn't kill him, just temporarily render him useless. He held his sword in a fighting stance lest any attack again.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

Wisp looked at Davidari questioningly. "Ah yes. I should have known being a vermin could affect my trust with some of you. If you want a demonstration of my skills, you may want to step back a ways..."

He grinned and set his paws aflame, and spread it to the nearest tree. Soon the entire tree was blazing. The tree was forced upward, into the air. He brought it back down into a nearby creek, sizzling and steaming.

"And, if that wouldn't help you at all, I could make friends with vermin enemies who most-likely wouldn't trust you..."
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Gonff the Mousethief

''Davi sah! That is what those 5 outside were doin wot!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

W0NWILL

OOC: This is going so fast, and I don't have the time to read all the responses; my internet has been all wonky. Could anyone fill me in?

And what about Lassus? I sorta had him escaping vermin and being lost to give other people who are wandering Mossflower a companion, but he's been left out in the cold.

AbbotAlf0809

OOC: Wonwill we are traveling to Agutrot.

BIC: The Jimanesse began to falter and retreat back into the woods. The leader of the troops tried to rally his men in vain but soon retreated himself cursing Zanthar. Zanthar smirked slyly and yelled at him, "Your forces are no match for my horde Shogun Wataru! Haha!!"

Davidari nodded and replied to the vermin, "You seem to have potential... very well. You may join us just make sure I don't regret it."

Norham Waterpaw

Wisp did a swift and low bow. "It would be my honor to serve alongside such a hero to the people of Mossflower. I hope that I prove useful to you."
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Skyblade

Razer grasped her bow tensely. Experience had taught her to not trust beasts within the first few minutes she got to know them. The otter turned to Davidari, waiting for his decision.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jetthebinturong

OOC: Does no one in this thread read anything? Gonff has been trying to get Davi's attention for at least three posts and Davi has already answered that Wisp can join them.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.