News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Quest For The Black Treasure: Sign Up Thread

Started by rachel25, March 02, 2014, 05:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

I'm currently eyeing this RP. I was kind of turned off by what seemed to be a huge focus on puzzles, but after reading the last page or so of posts this seems like something I should consider.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

rachel25

Ok, though I do suggest if you want to join, you'll need to do so soon. Once everyone's at the Abbey, I'm gonna close the sigh ups, cos then the real quest begins, and I don't really want people just popping up.  ::)

Dannflower Reguba

Name: Sedge

Species: Grey Fox

Weapon(s): *hidden*

Appearance:

His eyes are beep, dark ocean blue.

Clothes: He wears an enveloping tunic/cloak with an equally covering hood. It is made from a material that seems leaf-like in appearance. He also wears grey hard-bark (like hardwood) and brown leather gauntlets. His dark brown, leather boots are rough, rugged, and thin.

Personality: Quite and calm, though not adverse to some friendly banter, or not-so-friendly taunting. He has a strong sense of justice, and hates the emotion of fear. When he does speak, he speaks with wisdom and a level-head.

Other: Carries everything in his satchel, though all the contents are never disclosed.

I'll finish this later, but I'm planning on him joining at Redwall if that's okay. Also, what's the scoop with the puzzles? Are we all supposed to contribute to them? If there was something in the OP then I missed it.

Finished!

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

rachel25

Um, it's alright for you to join at the Abbey. The puzzles, I was hoping everyone would be able to help when that bit comes around.

Dannflower Reguba

Oh, I can certainly help with them, I'm just not clear on what you're looking for.  ;)

rachel25

Neither am I. I kind of wanted everyone to help decide that bit together. I didn't want to be too controlling.

Dannflower Reguba

Okay, I went to read through the OOC: and saw a....... thingie..... yeah... But anyway, the whole thing with yeast and the pass-over is that yeast is used as a representation of sin as just a tiny amount "corrupts," (raises) the entire loaf of bread. It's a pass-over only representation as yeast is not actually viewed as sinful, the for-going of it for the holiday is just a reminder to try one's best to omit sin from one's life.

I myself do not participate in pass-over, but far be it from me to judge someone who observes it.

rachel25

I do celebrate Passover, I just honestly couldn't be bothered to explain it. But thanks for doing so.  8)

Dannflower Reguba

Finished my app!

Sedge the Fox

Name: Sedge

Species: Grey Fox

Weapon(s): *hidden*

Appearance:

His eyes are beep, dark ocean blue.

Clothes: He wears an enveloping tunic/cloak with an equally covering hood. It is made from a material that seems leaf-like in appearance. He also wears grey hard-bark (like hardwood) and brown leather gauntlets. His dark brown, leather boots are rough, rugged, and thin.

Personality: Quite and calm, though not adverse to some friendly banter, or not-so-friendly taunting. He has a strong sense of justice, and hates the emotion of fear. When he does speak, he speaks with wisdom and a level-head.

Other: Carries everything in his satchel, though all the contents are never disclosed.
[close]

Cornflower MM

Great!!! Dan, you are also accepted in the RP of mine that you jopined....Dunno if you saw that yet. Haha.

rachel25

Ok, we're preparing for part two, please see the first post for more information. I'd like to renew my two characters.

Name: Toka the Savage
Species: squirrel
Weapon(s): , and a dagger.
Appearance: is black, with red streaks going through is fur. Has bright amber eyes, and half an ear missing.  
Clothes: Navy blue shirt, black trousers, a brown jacket, black leather gloves, and boots.  
Personality: Selfish, has never loved anyone. Always wants to find things out for himself., is very untrusting. Was the kind of child that if you said, "Don't put your paw in the fire, it'll burn you." Would put his paw in the fire just to make sure you were telling him the truth. Is rebellious, and froward.
Other: His parents both died when he was a little one, was brought up by his uncle, in a peaceful tribe. He always broke the tribes rules of no fighting. Then accidently killed someone in the tribe, and was then banished.

riddle
Away, away from the sea
To the home of peace, and serenity
Where countless wars have been fought
A place which has never been caught
It's colour is that of blood
And a beautiful sigh it is, in the morning light flood
[close]

Name: Perry
Speices: squirrel
Weapon(s): bow, sword, dagger.
Appearance: Has soft red fur, and big gentle blue eyes. By looking at him, you know he's friendly. Has really long dark eyelashes.
Clothes: Red shirt, black hooded jacket. Blue trousers, a blue cap, and a gold bracelet.
Personality: Friendly, understanding, and good natured. Is a good listener, and always wants to learn more. Is very trusting, and can easily be lead astray. He seems younger than he actually is.
Other: Is from the south-west. His sister died recently.  

riddle

Head North, Head North I say
Head North before the end of this day
To the place of red stone, and clay
Where the sound of bells tolls out the time of day
Head North, Head North, be surrounded by a sea of green
Head North, Head North, to the Abbey which you've never seen
Go up, Head North, and may your quest not be in vain.
[close]

Cornflower MM

Name:Arya
Species:Squirrel (Of course! Roll Eyes)
Weapon(s):Bow and arrows, hand and a half sword.
Appearance:Nut brown fur, with a white dot on her forehead, making her easily recognized. Considered pretty, but she doesn't flaunt it. In fact, she's embarrassed by it and tries to hide it.
Clothes: Arya wears a light blue tunic with shorts underneath, with a sturdy plaited rope serving as a belt. She has a dark green cloak, a white hat that she doesn't wear all the time, and sandals that are brown. Some gloves for cold weather.
Personality: Sweet, kind, and loving. Can be motherly at times.
Other: Her family died when she was little and she still has nightmares about it. She also has grief issues.

Riddle!

A red Place of refuge nested in green.
Along a brown path from afar can be seen.
A stand for the old for the week for the free.
The place where you'll meet them and start your journey.
[close]

Jetthebinturong

Name: Kaijo Helmos
Speices: Caracal
Weapon(s): A longsword with an emerald pommelstone
Appearance: Average caracal
Clothes: A red tunic and hooded cloak, he wears a black belt with a silver buckle
Personality: Kaijo is generally quite jolly and friendly which is surprising seeing as most members of his species are incredibly hostile. Despite his normally jolly and carefree nature, he can turn serious or angry at a moments notice. Sometimes he masks his true intentions under a facade of kindness or friendliness such as if something has been stolen from him and he has caught the thief he'll be conversational and act like the thief will get away with it whereas they mostly won't.
Other: Caracals are known for their jumping ability but Kaijo can jump higher than most.

Name: Misak Helmos
Speices: Lynx
Weapon(s): A one-handed crossbow, four throwing knives and a dirk
Appearance: Average lynx
Clothes: A purple tunic and hooded cloak, the cloak only goes to her waist. She wears the throwing knives in crossed black belts across her chest and keeps the dirk strapped to her lower leg. She hangs her crossbow at her waist and her bolt quiver is on the opposite hip
Personality: Misak is quite kind and caring generally a nice person but she is quick to anger and willing to kill those who stand in her way at a moments notice
Other: Mate of Kaijo
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Unimaginative

Name: Tauten Err Rip
Species: Patagonian Mara
Appearance: Tall and Sturdy. His fur is a beautiful gold.
Clothes:He wears a Royal Blue Coat over a white ruffled shirt. The coat has gold strips on it. His trousers are brown
Personality: Tauten is what is commonly described as a ruthless hunter. Once he finds enemies, he will track them down until he has caught them.
Weapon: A rapier is his choice weapon, but like many warriors, he has a dagger at his waist as well.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth