News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Homeschoolers, unite!

Started by Emperor Ublaz, March 13, 2014, 02:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keva Strongbow

"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion of it."

shisteer of nothing much

I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

..........I didn't know you were ever chained up...
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on October 23, 2019, 10:06:06 AM
Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on October 22, 2019, 08:49:55 PM
Which subjects would you all say were the hardest for you to do? I personally never hated a specific subject, but for a while, me and science didn't get along very well...
Math. When are you ever going to need the stuff? (aside from punishing your future children)
Interesting fact; ACE doesn't actually stand for Accelerated Christian Education, it stands for Agonising Child Execution.
Maths is really fun, when not confined to simple classroom stuff. For example, if you know how to do most of the things, the UKMT maths challenge is great. There are other versions for other countries. Also, the lower level of the second stage is called the kangaroo for a reason I can't remember at this moment in time.

The worst subjects for me are art and PE. Also dance and drama, but I don't have to do those anymore, luckily. Sadly they did a weird thing with my year: instead of having us choose our GCSE subjects in year 8 to start in year 9, they made us choose 'mini options', between tech, music, drama and dance. You put them in order, with one being the one you most wanted to do and four being the one you least wanted to do. I put tech first, then music, then drama, and last (and definitely least) dance. I prefer music to tech, but I knew I'd be practically certain to get music (I do all the music clubs and play violin), and I hate drama and dance. At least I still get to do some subjects I would otherwise have dropped, but it's annoying.

Why am I talking about school in a homeschoolers thread when I've never been homeschooled?
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

I don't think the forums have a public schoolers' thread.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Booklover on November 13, 2019, 05:04:42 PM
Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on October 23, 2019, 10:06:06 AM
Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on October 22, 2019, 08:49:55 PM
Which subjects would you all say were the hardest for you to do? I personally never hated a specific subject, but for a while, me and science didn't get along very well...
Math. When are you ever going to need the stuff? (aside from punishing your future children)
Interesting fact; ACE doesn't actually stand for Accelerated Christian Education, it stands for Agonising Child Execution.
Maths is really fun, when not confined to simple classroom stuff. For example, if you know how to do most of the things, the UKMT maths challenge is great. There are other versions for other countries. Also, the lower level of the second stage is called the kangaroo for a reason I can't remember at this moment in time.

The worst subjects for me are art and PE. Also dance and drama, but I don't have to do those anymore, luckily. Sadly they did a weird thing with my year: instead of having us choose our GCSE subjects in year 8 to start in year 9, they made us choose 'mini options', between tech, music, drama and dance. You put them in order, with one being the one you most wanted to do and four being the one you least wanted to do. I put tech first, then music, then drama, and last (and definitely least) dance. I prefer music to tech, but I knew I'd be practically certain to get music (I do all the music clubs and play violin), and I hate drama and dance. At least I still get to do some subjects I would otherwise have dropped, but it's annoying.

Why am I talking about school in a homeschoolers thread when I've never been homeschooled?
Maths can be fun when you apply it but learning it from a textbook is negatively boring. I learnt how about fractions and multiplication by doubling and tripling recipes, mostly biscuits. (cookies, for Americans)

I enjoy most of those subjects but I'm not very good at PE and I'm terrible at art. I LOVE drama, dance and music, especially dance. I'm not a huge fan of tech, however. (By tech, you do mean computer stuff, yes?)

I don't know but you're welcome to keep talking. It's rather interesting.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

No, I mean food tech or wood tech (aka home economics or carpentry). Computer stuff is literally computing. Of course, if I take it for GCSE (which I plan to), it will be computer science.

shisteer of nothing much

Oh, in that case, I love doing both. What is your favourite wood finish?

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

I don't know... I only do it because it's fun and way better than dance or drama. Not because I'm actually interested in it.

shisteer of nothing much

Oh. That's... disappointing. What stuff are you actually interested in?

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Keva Strongbow

"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion of it."

Booklover

Do you want the whole long list?

shisteer of nothing much

Yes. (though it might be a good idea to put it in a spoiler)

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!