News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Attack and Defend: An exercise of strategy ~ NOW PLAYING ~ Redwall Basic [EASY]

Started by Dannflower Reguba, March 16, 2014, 06:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Options are not being presented at this time

Waiting...
5 (83.3%)
Waiting...
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Sparks of Southsward

So yes! We got two otters and a squirrel Now, will the abbey beasts be good at combat depending on the species like in the book? And what I mean is will any otters be good with a javlin and sling? And will the moles serve as anti-tunneling and support units?

Dannflower Reguba

As it stands, all species will hold to their traditional strengths & weaknesses. Sounds like you've got your mouse coming too.  :)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Sparks of Southsward

Nah, no mouse, just a sword point and bagpipes too! I figure We ought to properly utilize our forces, also what time does this take place? Like does Redwall have the Joseph Bell or Matthias and Methusala?

Dannflower Reguba

I meant a new RP'er :P. And this one has absolutely no relation to any of the books (though it does contain all the newest features, so it would be after whichever book was last chronologically).

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

Meaning there would be two belles and a library instead of the books being in the Gate House.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Cornflower MM

Wylder Treejumper

Name: Tristan
Species: Mouse
Clothing: Green tunic belted in leather, with a light cloak over the top. Ever careful, He costantly wears a breastplate under his tunic. He also, when expecting battle, wears a mail-backed cloak, greaves, and gauntlets. He carries a shortbow across his back, a thigh quiver, and a broadsword on his belt, and carries a medium shield. He wears as footgear steel-toed leather boots.
Physical Appearance: He is tall for a mouse, and very strong, but not conspicously. He has a medium build. He is a dour, suspicous mouse. He rarely speaks, and even more rarely smiles. Ruggedly handsome to some, he has many scars from past campains and a nick in the ear.
Weapons: Trained in uses of most, except for sling. He carries a broadsword and is an expert fighter with it. He also has a poniard tucked in his boot for emergencies. He is an experienced shield fighter, one of only few who use them.
Strengths: Expert fighter: Many years of selling his sword has given him a touch with a blade few can match. Catious: He is careful to a fault, which has saved his life many times.
Weaknesses: Suspicious: He does not trust anyone, including his comrades. He has been betrayed often enough that he tries to never turn his back on anyone. However, this lessens his combat effectiveness in groups. 
History: He is a mercenary, selling his sword to whoever tosses him the most coins. He has occasionally fought for vermin, though he much prefers to just kill them, when he needs money. He has been in inumerable campains and battles, fought with every weapon imaginable and against every creature. He has served as soldier and captain, bodyguard and assasin. He does not mention his history besides telling war stories, but he is an orphan. He came to the abbey simply as a stop on his way east, but as they gave him their famous hospitality, he is willing to repay them with his help, for despite being a mercenary he is a very honorable creature.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Unimaginative

I laughed when I saw your characters name, though you shan't find out why.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Sparks of Southsward

Dannflower Reguba

If my tally is correct, we are still in need of a hedgehog participant. Once we have the hedgehog, we can get rolling.  :) Sorry for inactivity here, I've been busy and whatnot.  :P

Wylder Treejumper

Umm... So, should one of us play it, or should we bully someone else into doing it?
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Thomas Barkshield

I just skipped to the last page. How does this work? Do we control armies?

Morgazath

I'll take the hedghog. If you step on a spike, don't look at me. ::)

Name: Varetesh

Species: Hedghog

Clothing: Wears a full suit of body armor. There is a hole in the back for his spikes, but cleverly made armor for his spikes, making him three times as tough from the back.

Physical Appearance: A tad bit bigger than normal hedghogs. Very bulky, blue eyes, has a scar starting from his snout to his left elbow in his first battle.

Weapon: A black spear, and the blade looks like an oak leaf. Has a broadsword at his side.

Strengths (at least one): His strength and defence are very great, being able to withstand most basic attacks.

Weaknesses (at least one): With his bulk combined with the armor, he is slow. His armor may be strong in melee, but can easily be pierced by a bow and arrow.

History (at least some required): Varetesh was raised in the army. Knowing nothing but war and violence. But he rather enjoys the peacefullness of Redwall Abbey. If Redwall is threatened, he would fight to the death to protect it and his friends.

Other: Is a military genius.
"The power of darkness is mine. At last I am free to reign destruction as I please. This world will be consumed, and you will be crushed. I am Mozaru, Lord of Night and Shadow." -Excerpt from The Chronicles of Light and Darkness. (A book I'm writing.)

Wylder Treejumper

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington