News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Describe Billy the Cosmos Snake

Started by BlueRose, March 31, 2014, 03:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Quote from: BlueRose on May 23, 2014, 03:03:25 AM
Oooh! It sounds so real!

Lucky you. I'm in Texas. We don't HAVE a winter. We have summer, summer #2, autumn, and pre-summer.

I have similar weather. We have about four months in a year where it isn't 80-90-100 degrees out. And I'm a person originally from California- Not the desert bit, the nice coastal bit. I'm not meant for scorching hot scorchmarks on my sun-scorched face.

BlueRose

Haha. You're lucky. I've only been to the coast once, and that was when I was 6, so I can't remember it.

We live near a lake, though, so we swim there in the summer.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Rusvul

Well, despite living on a scorching sandbar, I'm not really a person who enjoys beaches. And where I am, I'm forty minutes away from one, so it doesn't really benefit me all that much, what with cool oceanic wind not traveling so far. I'm kinda 'meh' about this sandbar, myself.

Slagar 11

Oooh! It sounds so real!

Lucky you. I'm in Texas. We don't HAVE a winter. We have summer, summer #2, autumn, and pre-summer.
No, lucky YOU.
Trust me, you don't want a -60 degree winter with 3 feet of snow every day.

Rusvul

Prefer it to eight months of solid heat. Even though I live on a massive (And massively overrated) sandbar, I've been around snow. It's darn cold. I like the cold- Better than I like heat, certainly. I don't mind dressing warmly, but I can't stand wearing shorts or flip flops, and then still being overheated if I step outside for two minutes. Metalworking on this sandbar of mine? Not fun. Doing anything outside at all that doesn't involve swimming for eight months? Not fun.

EDIT: Oops. Sorry, I saw that as 'below sixty,' not 'minus sixty.' Yeah, that sounds pretty brutal. I don't really want that either- But there is a chance I might prefer it to heat, I really can't say having never experienced it.

BlueRose

Quote from: Slagar 11 on May 23, 2014, 03:18:23 AM
Oooh! It sounds so real!

No, lucky YOU.
Trust me, you don't want a -60 degree winter with 3 feet of snow every day.

And YOU don't want a 110 degree summer with no rain for weeks on end. And then a 100 degree autumn. And a random winter, ranging from 110 degrees to 10 degrees. And then a 70 to 100 degree spring.

With no rain. At all. Ever.

Even the mesquite trees die.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

The Skarzs

You in Alaska, Slagar?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Slagar 11

No, MN.
It sounds like an exaggeration but it really happened.
And it is a massive pain in the astronaut.

BlueRose

'In the astronaut'?
That's the first time I've seen someone use that...

It's cute! <3

Rusvul

...So tempting to further that joke with some mention of the third planet from the edge of the Sol system... Sooo tempting... But I won't. Because I'm, hahaha, mature, yeah, that's a good one...

Yeah, here we have a good amount of rain. But it's not cooling rain. It's humid muggy rain. So then we have a billion mosquitoes as well as the heat and humidity. But it's not quite as extreme as your weather, Blue. I live in a tropic, not a desert, though it certainly doesn't feel very tropical. Tropics are overrated. I'd rather go to a San-Francisco-like paradise, than a tropical one.

The Skarzs

Our weather is just strange. We probably get some of the most diverse weather in the country.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

Lucky Rus! You actually get rain! Things GROW where you are!

Rusvul

Yes, things grow. Unfortunately, my tolerance for heat isn't one of them.

The Skarzs

Everything is green here. . . It's beautiful. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

We have a lot of pine trees, I don't know why. It's all piney and palmy down here. And most of the trees are in rows. Blech.