The topic to talk about Country stuff (In search of better title)

Started by Tam and Martin, May 05, 2014, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should a new name for the topic be?

Redneck Alley
Outdoors Stuff
The Epic Topic not meant for those with a weak stomach
To those in the country...

Tam and Martin

Alright I couldn't think of a suitable name for the title so I just used what I have up there. Basically in this thread we can discuss anything country, redneck-ish. E.G: Fishing, Hunting, Gutting animals, crayfishing, guns, Duck Dynasty, frogging, farming etc.

If a mod feels like this needs to be moved then you can go ahead. I thought I should put it here though because it is meant to be a normal discussion topic.

NOTE: If you are the type of person who DOESN'T like the killing of animals, the eating of meat, guns, hunting or fishing, then I would suggest to you to please stay out of this topic because that is what the conversation is going to be about. I do not want to offend anyone by what might be said in this topic. Thanks!

Anyway, I am going to go fishing today to try to catch a fish for our coap's science class. They are studying underwater biology and no one else volunteered to catch it.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Skarzs

My sister did that one time. . . they caught a little perch and dissected it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

They aren't going to be dissecting it, just observing its body - gills, fins etc.

I think the class will be grossed out if we dissected it. Anyway, I am hoping it's a rather small fish seeing as I don't fell like carrying a live fish in water around the whole day.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

Do you have any water source around you Skarzs where you fish at a lot?

The Skarzs

Well. . . Since I live in a mountainous region, there are many lakes and rivers within 10 minutes of our house. Then there is the ocean about an hour away.

We got der fish hir.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

;D

We have a lake right next door, about a mile away. We fish in there a lot.

Wylder Treejumper

I wish... The closest good fishing lake around is about half an hour away, though during the summer the river's only ten minutes away and you can get a good salmon haul.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Tam and Martin

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

I've had largemouth bass raw.....yeah, dumb bet I took. I earned five dollars though!

The Skarzs

Ever caught a catfish? Or a bullhead? Nasty slimeballs, they are.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Aye, I used to live in Missouri, and that's about all you can catch besides wimpy... annoying... tiny... baitstealing... bluegill!!!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Tam and Martin

We have bluegill down in our lake. And we have catfish. Two different types: Mudbelly and yellowbelly.

They feel like lead when your reeling theme in.

The Skarzs

It just feels like you've got a log at the end of your line.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.