News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Morgazath's Bar and Grill

Started by Morgazath, July 16, 2014, 02:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRose

I'm allowed to have my own opinion of my intelligence level and studies show that girls are less likely to understand technical stuff than boys.

And yes, that is definitely more clear. Thank you.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Rusvul

Studies show. That's entirely cultural, there is no inherent reason that that should be the case. I'm not going to judge someone based on gender OR studies. If you're not a tech-savvy person, that's totally fine. If you're female and you're not a tech savvy person, that's fine too. But there's no reason a girl couldn't be just as much of a gamer/geek/tech person as a guy, it's just that (unfortunately) it's not as common. As I said, that's entirely cultural.

And yes, glad I have the capacity to make sense :)

Mor? Yes, hi. Sorry we hi-jacked your bar. *Slides empty mug across counter* Can I get a mug of cider? Er, not alcoholic, please.

BlueRose

Oh, yeah, bar. Whups. Do you have margarita mix? I don't particularly like alcoholic margaritas, but the limey stuff that comes in the big bottles is delish!
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 18, 2014, 01:47:06 PM
That's not stupidity. Not in the slightest. To each their own, I love gaming, but reading is good too, and if you prefer that? Go right ahead. I will not stop you. :)

Oh, and being 'a stupid female' is irrelevant. Could that be 'stupid' or 'stupid noun/pronoun of your choice' rather than 'stupid female,' please?  ;)

Right. Okay. Let's see about a different angle... And no, I don't care if you actually don't care about any of this. If you don't, just ignore me.

GPU- Graphical Processing Unit. A computer's GPU, or video/graphics card, is what lets the computer show any kind of visual on the screen. In a gaming context, a good graphics card is what lets you play higher end games. Other things are a factor, but for simplicity's sake I'll just ignore them for the time being.

In a desktop computer, GPU is different (And more effective) than in most laptops.

Integrated GPU- An integrated GPU has the same effect as an other video card, but rather than being a component attached to the inside of a case that can be easily replaced, like in most desktops, it's attached directly to the computer's motherboard, a critical component that cannot be modified or replaced in most circumstances. Basically, if you have an intgegrated GPU, you're stuck with it and you cannot upgrade unless you buy a new computer.

Integrated graphics cards are also less powerful- Really bad for gaming, though they're alright for most work and such. And they're most common in laptops, in fact, most laptops use them. I use a laptop, it has an integrated GPU, it doesn't run games very well, I complain about it.

Hopefully that's a little more clear. Sorry about confusion!

Okay, that makes more sense.

Quote from: BlueRose on July 18, 2014, 01:49:03 PM
I'm allowed to have my own opinion of my intelligence level and studies show that girls are less likely to understand technical stuff than boys.

And yes, that is definitely more clear. Thank you.

Although studies show that we gals mature faster.

Now, Mor, more cheese 'n' crackers?

Tam and Martin

I'll take some cheese and crackers too please!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Morgazath

*Hands rusvul a mug of cider. Hands BlueRose a non-alchoholic margarita, and hands Tam and Cornflower cheese and crackers.* I had no idea this would be such a popular place. ;D
"The power of darkness is mine. At last I am free to reign destruction as I please. This world will be consumed, and you will be crushed. I am Mozaru, Lord of Night and Shadow." -Excerpt from The Chronicles of Light and Darkness. (A book I'm writing.)

Tam and Martin

It is popular if you are here Mor!

Morgazath

"The power of darkness is mine. At last I am free to reign destruction as I please. This world will be consumed, and you will be crushed. I am Mozaru, Lord of Night and Shadow." -Excerpt from The Chronicles of Light and Darkness. (A book I'm writing.)

Cornflower MM

Thanks, Mor! And of course it's popular!

Tam and Martin

Morgazath

BlueRose

It's a bar. Of course it's popular. And, to top it off, it's YOUR bar, Mor, so that makes it even more popular! How much will that be?

Rusvul

*accepts cider* Lovely, thank you. Now, you said you serve food as well. I've been interested in trying poutine, could you make me a batch with vegetarian gravy?

Morgazath

Quote from: BlueRose on July 19, 2014, 05:13:54 PM
It's a bar. Of course it's popular. And, to top it off, it's YOUR bar, Mor, so that makes it even more popular! How much will that be?
Thanks, BlueRose. One silver please.

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 19, 2014, 05:25:05 PM
*accepts cider* Lovely, thank you. Now, you said you serve food as well. I've been interested in trying poutine, could you make me a batch with vegetarian gravy?
Coming right up. *Makes poutine with vegetarian gravy and hands it to rusvul.* Two silvers please.

BlueRose

*hands a silver to Mor* Thanks!