Birds of the Mountain

Started by The Mask, July 21, 2014, 08:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

"Brushes, no," said Naalin with a sigh. "My supplier was raided, and his supply lost. Pigments and Paints, on the other hand." Naalin reached under the stall with his talon, and lifted up a large case. After unlocking it, the Albatross opened it, revealing many colors within.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Cornflower MM

Speckles' beak literally fell open as the chicken examined the colors " Dusty rose! Do you know how rare it is in this city?" She asked excitedly. "H ow much?"

Unimaginative

"Believe it or not, I do know." Naalin said with a wink. "I'd say... Around 20 silver pieces."+

Cornflower MM

"Done."  Speckles said, drawing a small leather bag into view from beneath her left wing, and retracting the twenty silvers from it.

Unimaginative

Naalin took the Silver from Speckles and pushed the Paint towards her. "Pleasure doing business with you, and you know where to come if you ever need anything."

The Mask

Baaz smiled, he remembered the Duke of Kirara. His family had visited them once. As far as he could recall, The duke, had been lazy and was always whinging.
" Of course Arya Brownwing. Well we have three spare rooms. I suggest you take number 3. It's the cleanest and quietest. I'll take you there in a minute, I just need to pick some things up from the market. Both of you are welcome to join me."
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Gonff the Mousethief

Sir MetalTalon also remembered when the Duke had visited? And thought the same as Baaz. He flew with him and Arya down to the market.

OOC: Is that ok?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Cornflower MM

OOC Other than the fact that they flew there too fast, I'm not following you on why it wouldn't be.

BIC Arya shrugged - She didn't have much else to do, so she changed her course to to the market.
-------------------------.--
Speckles grinned, "The please would be all mine. And you'll be seeing me again!" She said, tucking the leather bag back out of sight, and then very happily walking off, her head bobbing.

The Mask

OOC its fine gonff.

Baaz hopped towards a stall being run by an albatross.
" Excuse me, would you happen to sell any quills?"
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

Cornflower MM

Arya saw a chicken that looked a lot like Speckles, an old friend of here's. Then she realized it was Speckles! She swooped down, "Speckles!" She called, hovering above the chicken's head. "Lady Arya!" Speckles said, so surprised she almost let loose a bu-BAWK that would have the other birds staring.

The Mask

Baaz glanced at the the two of them.
"How do you two know each other? And what would be your name Ms Hen? Would you be related to Sir Bukken mcChuck by any chance? I see a bit of resemblance."

Cornflower MM

OOC Um Speckles is a very famous painter......

Unimaginative

"Aye, I have Quills." Naalin said, attempting to call Baaz's attention back to his merchandise. "Pick whichever, they all cost five silver pieces." he said as he placed a crate on the counter.

Cornflower MM

"I, sir, am Speckles Green tail. Ms. Arya and I met when I was delivering one of my paintings." Speckles said cordially, then the two she-birds started talking.

The Mask

"Ah yes. I'll sort out the quills and then I can show you to your room. So these quills," Baaz turned to the albatross " What's the biggest quill you have?"