What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Icefire

Last night at 7:30pm, my brother loaned me his copy of The Hunger Games.....
This morning at 2:30am, I finished it.
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I NEED THE SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!! NOW!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Skalrag of Marshank

I'm one of those people who reads a bunch of books at a time. I am currently reading The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, by John Boyne; Castaways of the Flying Dutchman, by Brian Jacques (I'm done with all the Redwall books, so I'm reading these); Girl, Stolen, by April Henry; Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery; Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, by J.K. Rowling; and The Two Towers, by J.R.R. Tolkien. I really wanted to read the LOTR books after watching the movies last weekend. I had finished The Hobbit the week before, and so I went to my school's library to check out The Fellowship of the Ring. But their copy was checked out...so I got the second one. I'll get the first one when I go to the library this weekend...I really like Smeagol (or Gollum, whatever ::)).
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

redwallgurl

right now im reading watership down along with doomwyte. i dont know about watership down though i havent read it before and from what i heard its sad
Fun. is a fantastic band.

DanielofRedwall

Don't worry about Watership Down. It is an excellent novel. Yes, it is a bit sad, but if you can cope with Martin the Warrior you should cope with this. The storytelling is great and all the lapine language and mythology thrown in to the book is really entertaining.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on March 14, 2012, 08:23:13 AM
Quote from: Mad Maudie on March 07, 2012, 09:34:00 PM
Poppy and Rye
I'm going to read that soon!

Tiria, have you read the books before or is this your first time reading it? I probably said this before, but if you like animal fiction, you'd probably like the Poppy books. They are not really like Redwall, but the mice are so lovable! They remind more of Winnie the Pooh.

Right now I'm not really reading anything, because I gave up reading until Easter. But I have been reading on Sundays, so I'm in the middle of The Princess and the Goblin.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

redwallgurl

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on March 14, 2012, 11:26:35 PM
Don't worry about Watership Down. It is an excellent novel. Yes, it is a bit sad, but if you can cope with Martin the Warrior you should cope with this. The storytelling is great and all the lapine language and mythology thrown in to the book is really entertaining.

it is a good book so far and i think i can cope witht his since i did do well iwiht martin the warrior so i might only shed one or 2 tears not many though i hope
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Dotti

I just finished rereading A Murder for Her Majesty by Beth Hilgartner.  IT WAS SO AWESOME!!!!  It's about a girl that hides in a choir to escape her father's murderers. :)
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Lord Deathblade

The bellmaker

I'm saving up to get a new redwall book but I'm not sure which one. What do you guys think, Sable queen, Eulalia or Marlfox?

Dotti

"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Lily

Quote from: Icefire on March 14, 2012, 03:31:44 PM
Last night at 7:30pm, my brother loaned me his copy of The Hunger Games.....
This morning at 2:30am, I finished it.
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I NEED THE SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!! NOW!
Haha, another convert! Yeeeesss.... goooood... ;) I read the whole series in a similar fashion: acquire book, finish book a few hours later. The second and third books  are going to leave you pretty devastated, just warning you. ;)

Nightfire

I'm gonna be reading Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter as soon as my darned library gets it in. I put a hold on it, so it'll be coming in any day now...
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Bragoon

I haven't read any of the Hunger Games books, but until a couple of people on here mentioned them, none of the people who had recommended them to me were people who's opinions on literature were ones I valued.  But, seeing Icefire and Lily mention them, I'll give them a shot.

I'm reading Democracy in America my Alexis de Tocqueville.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Lily

Quote from: Bragoon on March 15, 2012, 09:04:57 PM
I haven't read any of the Hunger Games books, but until a couple of people on here mentioned them, none of the people who had recommended them to me were people who's opinions on literature were ones I valued.  But, seeing Icefire and Lily mention them, I'll give them a shot.
I wouldn't say they're the best quality literature I've ever read, but they're real page turners and I really like the story. They're written in first person present tense; it was a little grating to read at first but you get used to it. I found it actually suited the tone of the book.

Dannflower Reguba

I'm reading Marlfox for like the 5th time and Loamhedge the 2nd time, I just finished The Guardians of Ga'Hoole, and i was amazing! Anybody else read that series? or how about Dragons in our mist?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This