News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Quote from: Capn Greypatch on July 02, 2012, 01:32:07 AM
Speaking of Lord of the Rings, is anyone else really excited for the Hobbit movie? :D I love the movies, though I haven't read the books either, other than the Hobbit (which wasn't too exciting..)

I so want to see the Hobbit!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

DanielofRedwall

Speaking of Lord of the Rings, is anyone else really excited for the Hobbit movie? :D I love the movies, though I haven't read the books either, other than the Hobbit (which wasn't too exciting..)
I'm planning to go to the midnight screening. :) Oh, and you HAVE to read the books. They're incredible.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Rainshadow

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 02, 2012, 09:29:11 AM
I'm planning to go to the midnight screening. :)

I want to do that!  I really liked the Hobbit, and I'm hoping that they stuck close to the book with the movie.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwall Musician

I just started The Story of King Arthur and His Knights.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Rainshadow

Hmm, never heard of that.  But I'm scared, I'm waiting for the Super Edition Warriors book called Yellowfang's Secret.  The author says that it's going to be more emotional than the other Super Edition books.  Seeing as I cried the whole way through Crookedstar's Promise and nearly the whole way through Bluestar's Prophecy, I'm very nervous.

Redwallfan7

I finished Voyage of the Dawn Treader in the Narnia series, now I'm on the Silver Chair in the Narnia series.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Icefire

I'm still reading Foxe's book of Martyrs. Awesome book...just sayin'
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Wisteria Wild Cat

Re-reading Tiger's Quest. I think it's the best Tiger's Curse book 'cause Kishan is awesome. I wish I would jump into that book and take him for myself. ;D
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Capn Greypatch

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 02, 2012, 09:29:11 AM
I'm planning to go to the midnight screening. :) Oh, and you HAVE to read the books. They're incredible.

One of these days I'm sure I will read them all! After I get through the 5 other books I have lined up, haha.

I've always wanted to go to a midnight screening for a movie (particularily harry Potter), but I never did...maybe I should try for the Hobbit...I just don't like the ridiculous crowds! :P
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Redwaller

redwallgurl

Fun. is a fantastic band.

Rainshadow

Still reading Warriors, The Power of Three:  Outcast.  Sigh, I'm such a slow reader.

Capn Greypatch

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 07, 2012, 11:10:28 PM
  Still reading Warriors, The Power of Three:  Outcast.  Sigh, I'm such a slow reader.

Don't worry mate, I'm a slow reader too (which is probably why I have so many books lined up to read :P)...many times I have to go back and re-read a paragraph because I want to absorb and imagine every little detail that the author has created...
I'm just  not happy reading a book fast and skipping past all the tiny details!
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Rainshadow

Capn Greypatch

I guess we have picky imaginations, hehe. :D