News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romsca

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on August 19, 2011, 06:32:29 PM
1984 ~ George Orwell

I'm currently reading that one too! *shivers* Creepy and gross at the same time... But, weirdly enough, so far I really like it!

Lily

^ I really like 1984. It's unsettling because it's easy to see how something like that could happen. Although at the moment I think we're heading more towards the society depicted in Fahrenheit 451.

I'm currently rereading Dracula because I'm going to see the musical in August.  ;D

Buzz_Bumble

I'm reading my latest MacFormat monthly magazine, but after that I might have to make a start on the nearly 200 Star Wars novels sitting on the shelf.  :)

WoodlandWarrior

Quote from: Lily on May 29, 2013, 01:58:16 AM
^ I really like 1984. It's unsettling because it's easy to see how something like that could happen. Although at the moment I think we're heading more towards the society depicted in Fahrenheit 451.

I'm currently rereading Dracula because I'm going to see the musical in August.  ;D

That's one Lily that I'm ashamed I haven't gotten to.  How is Stoker's writing?  Anything similar to Mary Shelley?

Edit-
I'm currently reading "Ancient Sorceries and Other Weird Stories" by Algernon Blackwood.  A collection of folk/macabre/ghost stories. 
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Rainshadow

I'm reading Airborn by Kenneth Oppel.  I like it so far.  Very interesting, and I enjoy how it's written!  I love reading in first person.  ;D  Though, there are a bunch of run on sentences (such as "And I did this and got this, which had this and this and this and this...").
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Lily

Quote from: WoodlandWarrior on May 29, 2013, 03:33:12 AM
That's one Lily that I'm ashamed I haven't gotten to.  How is Stoker's writing?  Anything similar to Mary Shelley?
Now it's my turn to be ashamed, because I've never read Frankenstein or anything else by Shelley. That's going on my list right now!

I like the way Dracula is written. The story is told through diary entries, letters, newspaper articles and other documents rather than a direct narrative, so you're left to fill in the blanks yourself. It's quite long, but definitely worth the read.

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on May 29, 2013, 02:31:19 AM
I'm reading my latest MacFormat monthly magazine, but after that I might have to make a start on the nearly 200 Star Wars novels sitting on the shelf.  :)
I like the sound of that! I haven't read any Star Wars books in years, but I loved the X-Wing series when I was in high school.

Buzz_Bumble

There's a new X-wing book due about August this year: Star Wars X-wing: Mercy Kill.

Maudie

I'm considering reading The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but the prospect is scaring me a bit.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Mask on May 29, 2013, 05:10:51 PM
I'm considering reading The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but the prospect is scaring me a bit.

That's a short book. My sister read it, and said she (as far as I can remember) liked it.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tam and Martin

I'm rereading the Redwall book Mossflower because that was my first Redwall book ever read and I didn't remember much from it.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on May 29, 2013, 09:36:23 PM
I'm rereading the Redwall book Mossflower because that was my first Redwall book ever read and I didn't remember much from it.
Hey, I'm reading that same book right now too! What chapter are you on?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah vant tae get me pawz on ze book Ztar Varz: Death Trooperz. Ztar Varz + zombiez!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.