What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz_Bumble

Death Troopers and the other book in that semi-series (I can't remember the name at the moment) are the silliest so-called "Star Wars" idea to have have been put on paper ... even worse than bringing back the Emperor and Darth Maul, and even worse than the Holiday Special. Giving that book the "okay" was probably a good indicator of when George Lucas started losing his marbles.  :(

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ze other book vaz Ztar Varz: Red 'arvezt, an' aye, it vaznae taae good. Everytime ye vould ztart tae get tae ken a character, zey kill 'em off. Ye can barely feel zorry for zoze zat get caught by ze zombiez.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lily

Quote from: Mask on May 29, 2013, 05:10:51 PM
I'm considering reading The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but the prospect is scaring me a bit.
Go for it! Like Leatho said, it's short. I enjoyed it.

Maudie

It's just that it's supposedly a very scary horror story. :-\ :(
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

WoodlandWarrior

Quote from: Lily on May 30, 2013, 01:34:27 AM
Quote from: Mask on May 29, 2013, 05:10:51 PM
I'm considering reading The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but the prospect is scaring me a bit.
Go for it! Like Leatho said, it's short. I enjoyed it.

I second what Lily says!  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is tops!  :)  I don't think you'll regret it.

As for Shelley Lily, Frankenstein, or the Modern Prometheus is excellent.  Now, it can take a bit to get into...for it is certainly not light reading, but worth it.  Since you are enjoying Dracula, I'd say Shelley should be right up your alley.  I love Gothic horror...
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Redwaller

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Great book! Brilliant characterz an' an equally brilliant plot voven intae vone brilliant book!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Romsca

Ungatt Trunn

I'm still reading Mossflower, though I'm almost done with it. I'm on chapter 39 at the moment.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Redwaller on June 01, 2013, 08:00:43 PM
I'm reading Inkheart.

What! same here, I got it from the library yesterday.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwaller

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 04, 2013, 07:21:14 PM
Quote from: Redwaller on June 01, 2013, 08:00:43 PM
I'm reading Inkheart.

What! same here, I got it from the library yesterday.
Cool! I got it from my library two weeks ago.(But then I was gone for one week and couldn't read much) So I'm now at Chapter 33, on Page 323! So far it's awesome! Can't wait to get the other two!

Besides that, I'm reading the first and second books of A Series of Unfortunate Events, by Lemony Snicket in english. Recommended.

The Anne of Green Gables Series: I just finished #2. I recommend these books also.

Ungatt Trunn

After I finish Mossflower, I'm going to read The Legend of Luke. I'm Re-Reading the Redwall series in chronological order.

Life is too short to rush through it.

AnnaofRedwall

i'm not reading anything... i'm BOOKLESS! :(
I hate it when a package says 'easy open' and you need a scissors, a knife, a crowbar, a gun, and a light-saber to open it.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: AnnaofRedwall on June 05, 2013, 12:26:08 AM
i'm not reading anything... i'm BOOKLESS! :(

Well I hope you fine a good book to read soon. Us bookworms should never be without a book for a long time.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Maudie

I just read a GREAT book yesterday morning, it was The Limit by Kristen Landon.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3