News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah'm readin' ze zecond Welkin Weasels book, Caztle Ztorm. Zae far it iz pretty good!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Romsca

I tried to read the first book, but to me it seemed too oversimplified. It was way too fast-paced, so I stopped reading it after halfway through the first chapter

MeadowR

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 08, 2013, 07:18:49 PM
Ah'm readin' ze zecond Welkin Weasels book, Caztle Ztorm. Zae far it iz pretty good!

Ah! I wondered if anyone else had read those... Found it at a carboot sale so I've only read the second one. Bit of a cliffhanger! but it was a few years since I read it anyway, so guess I'm not too bothered. Reminded me a lot of Redwall.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Redwaller

I'm finishing Inkdeath, then I think I'll finish Sable Quean and Rogue Crew. Then either read Silmarillion, or start re-reading Jalna(Anybody heard of this one?).

Russano the Wise

I just finished The Legend of Luke and have started Outcast of Redwall. Its been so long since I read The Legend of Luke that I forgot what a great book it is. I think it's now one of my favorite Redwall books.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

BadgerLordFiredrake

MtW.  Second or third time.

Then on to Lincoln:  Team of Rivals
baby turtle forever

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Romsca

I want to read that so bad!!!!! I know, I like weird books :P

Russano the Wise

Quote from: Mask on July 10, 2013, 09:03:57 PM
I'm reading Fahreinheit 451.

I had to read that this year for my literature class. Not my favorite book ever but it was pretty good.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

MeadowR

I enjoyed Doomwyte; there was lots of interest happening in it. :D

Now I'm reading Hilary Mantel - Wolf Hall
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Redwaller

I finished Inkdeath and Sable Quean, and I'm about to start Rogue Crew.

Thomas Barkshield

I'm not really reading anything now, but I am listening to the lord of the rings audiobook.

Leatho Shellhound

I'm reading Mr. Midshipman Hornblower by C.S. Forester.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Vilu Daskar

The Emerald Atlas and a movie guide for The Hobbit 
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

AnnaofRedwall

I'm sorta bookless and need to go to the Library, but I recently read a book called Phoenix Rising It's historical fiction... I think... It's not fantasy like one would expect... Anyway, I know I can safely say that I found it ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS EVER!!!
I hate it when a package says 'easy open' and you need a scissors, a knife, a crowbar, a gun, and a light-saber to open it.