News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Post Random Quotes Here!

Started by Delthion, August 30, 2014, 03:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Jukka the Sling

Grug: Tonight, we'll hear the story of Krispy Bear. A long time ago, this little bear was alive. She was alive, because she listened to her father, so she was happy. But Krispy had one terrible problem, she was filled with... curiosity! Yes! And one day, she saw something new and died!
Thunk: Just like that?
Grug: Yes!

~The Croods

(Okay, I know that isn't exactly how it went, but I pulled that off WikiQuote and that's how it was on there.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Wylder Treejumper

"In order to become a warrior, you must learn to see what you are looking at."
~Glaedr, from Inheritance

And a similar one:

"You see, but you do not observe."
~Sherlock Holmes
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on September 01, 2014, 09:29:12 PM
Grug: Tonight, we'll hear the story of Krispy Bear. A long time ago, this little bear was alive. She was alive, because she listened to her father, so she was happy. But Krispy had one terrible problem, she was filled with... curiosity! Yes! And one day, she saw something new and died!
Thunk: Just like that?
Grug: Yes!

~The Croods

(Okay, I know that isn't exactly how it went, but I pulled that off WikiQuote and that's how it was on there.)
I LOVE HAT ONE!  :D

I love when they all are so shocked when he said "Curiosity"  ;D

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Jukka the Sling

;D

The quote left it out, but I thought the part where Grug said something about Krispy living her life "in darkness and terror, so she was happy" was hilarious too. ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tam and Martin

Jukka the Sling

Rainshadow

Quote from: Tam and Martin on September 01, 2014, 06:52:26 PM
You watched that movie? How was it?

It was really good, but there were some parts that were, ah, questionable.  I suggest that if you want to watch the movie, you should probably skip the scene after they visit the Anne Frank House.  (At least, I believe it's the scene after the Anne Frank house.  There might be a scene or two beforehand.  But you'd know what I'm talking about once it hit that scene.)

Anyway, it's a beautiful romance story, and half the movie made me smile, the other half made me cry.  There is some language in it, though, so if you aren't fond of hearing that (I can tolerate it, but I don't particularly enjoy listening to swearing), then I'd suggest not watching it.  Or watching the TV version, because they usually edit that stuff out.

But all in all, it was a fantastic story.  Really sad, but really good.

Anyway, back to quoting.

Aang:  What if they judge us and attack us?
Zuko:  Well, we're the Fire Prince and the Avatar.  I think we could take these guys in a fight whoever they are.
[Loudly]
Zuko:  Bring them out!

20 seconds later...

Zuko:  [as the dragons are flying around them]  These are the masters.
Aang:  You still think we can take them?
Zuko:  [Quietly to Aang]  Shh.  I never said that!

~  Avatar: The Last Airbender
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Delthion

Before that steam drill shall beat me down; I'll die with my hammer in my hand.

~The Steel-Driving Man.

I started a topic that got more than fifteen responses!  ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Rainshadow on September 01, 2014, 11:40:43 PM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on September 01, 2014, 06:52:26 PM
You watched that movie? How was it?

It was really good, but there were some parts that were, ah, questionable.  I suggest that if you want to watch the movie, you should probably skip the scene after they visit the Anne Frank House.  (At least, I believe it's the scene after the Anne Frank house.  There might be a scene or two beforehand.  But you'd know what I'm talking about once it hit that scene.)

Anyway, it's a beautiful romance story, and half the movie made me smile, the other half made me cry.  There is some language in it, though, so if you aren't fond of hearing that (I can tolerate it, but I don't particularly enjoy listening to swearing), then I'd suggest not watching it.  Or watching the TV version, because they usually edit that stuff out.

But all in all, it was a fantastic story.  Really sad, but really good.

Anyway, back to quoting.

Aang:  What if they judge us and attack us?
Zuko:  Well, we're the Fire Prince and the Avatar.  I think we could take these guys in a fight whoever they are.
[Loudly]
Zuko:  Bring them out!

20 seconds later...

Zuko:  [as the dragons are flying around them]  These are the masters.
Aang:  You still think we can take them?
Zuko:  [Quietly to Aang]  Shh.  I never said that!

~  Avatar: The Last Airbender
Thanks! I was interested in seeing it but I looked at some of the reviews and questioned it. Thanks!

Izeroth

"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."-  Robert Oppenhiemer, a chief inventor of the atomic bomb.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Quote from: Izeroth on September 02, 2014, 02:05:24 AM
"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."-  Robert Oppenhiemer, a chief inventor of the atomic bomb.
Read my signature :P
baby turtle forever

Izeroth

Can't believe I just noticed that.   :P

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.