News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Post Random Quotes Here!

Started by Delthion, August 30, 2014, 03:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.

Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Frodo: What are we holding on to, Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

~ Sam and Frodo from Lord of the Rings the movie
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Delthion

For eighty-six years I have been his [Jesus'] servant, and He has never done me wrong. How can I blaspheme my King who saved me?

~Polycarp; Bishop of Smyrna.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

"Now let me clock out and I’ll see about that tour, eh?” he shot a glance at Nilo, who still looked terrified “And let’s see if I can’t alleviate some of your fears, I assume you’re scared of the aliens?” Nilo gave a mute nod “Don’t worry, most of them are cordial if not friendly, you have nothing to fear here” he pointed to a tall, bipedal lizard-like creature “That is a Skalid, very warlike and brutal but only if you get on their bad side” a short, metal man with a domed head crossed their path “Sersket” explained Faras “they’re cyborgs and provide security and maintenance for the Bazaar. That turtle in that big bowl on the trolley over there, he’s a Tortutron, Prince... Arcelac I believe. He’s a nasty piece of work that one, spoiled rotten too”
“And those ones pushing him?”
“The big rock people? They’re Raacknaan. Hang on a second” they had reached a counter where a grey skinned creature with a short trunk was standing holding a clipboard “Hello Dramus”
“Ho Faras, who are these?”
“Visitors to the Bazaar, I’m showing them around”
“I see, would you like to clock out?”
“Yes I would”
“As you wish, sign here” he handed the clipboard to Faras who gave his signature “All done, you may leave. Have a good day”
“And you”
“What is he?” asked Wati as they made their way to the exit
“I’m sure I have no idea” replied the cartographer “but he’s an affable fellow so I don’t really care”

~The Sorcerer's Gate, by ME

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

:o One small paragraph at a time Jet! Your scarring every one off! If you want people to read it don't post a manuscript.

Jetthebinturong

Heh heh, there's nothing stopping anyone from stopping reading when they want to

Did you read those by the way?

Faiyloe

No... Just saying if you want people to read them then you should make it shorter, if you don't want people to read them you shouldn't post it and if you don't care weather some one reads it or not it can turn into spam (I know, this is the cellars but still). Plus Oracle already asked you to stick to one quote at a time and to make them shorter.   

Rainshadow

"Idia," Tani started, turning to a tall, rather beautiful elf, "this is Adam."
  I raised my hand in a slightly uncomfortable greeting, fearing I was about to blush from how gorgeous this elf was.
  The blond elf smiled at me, then leaned over to Tani and whispered quite loudly, "Isn't he the boy you were talking about?  The one you really like?"
  Tani's face turned quickly to one of horror, but she tried to cover it with an incredibly fake smile.  "If we hadn't been friends for so long, Idia," she muttered through her clenched teeth, "I'd have killed you by now."

~ Untitled novel
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 04, 2014, 10:46:30 PM
No... Just saying if you want people to read them then you should make it shorter, if you don't want people to read them you shouldn't post it and if you don't care weather some one reads it or not it can turn into spam (I know, this is the cellars but still). Plus Oracle already asked you to stick to one quote at a time and to make them shorter.   

Better?

"James, why is the landlord insisting we move out by midday tomorrow?"
James shrugged "Beats me"
Michael frowned "When did you last talk to him?"
"Must have been earlier today"
Michael raised an eyebrow "Oh yeah? What happened?"
"He came around asking for the rent, I told him to go to hell and slammed the door in his face"
Michael smashed his head against the wall "I left the rent on your desk, why didn't you just give it to him?"
"I felt like shouting at someone"
"And you chose the landlord?"
~Untitled story, by ME

Faiyloe

Much better.  ;D

I know I'm crazy. It just happens.

~ My old dance teacher.

Jetthebinturong

"Are you James Clark?"
"Jaaaaames" Michael whined "What have you done this time?"
James did not look up from his computer "What makes you think I've done anything?"
"There's a man from the Collective at the door and I doubt he's here to offer you a job"
"Rude"
"James!"
"A woman spilled coffee on me at lunch, I may have set a giant snake on her"
"Jaaaaaaaaames"
~That same Untitled story, by ME

Unimaginative

I do want to read the Sorcerer's Gate, could you provide a link Jett?

I feel the need to try and equal Jet, so here's some Artemis Fowl quotes.
Spoiler
"Look!" said Foaly, pointing with some urgency into the vast steel-gray gloom, "Someone who cares!" -Eoin Colfer, The Atlantis Complex
"The Theory of Evolution has more holes in it than a dam made out of Swiss cheese." -Eoin Colfer, the Time Paradox
"I don't know why it is, Captain Short, but whenever you start agreeing with me, I get decidedly nervous."
-Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl
"It's like learning to ride a unicorn. You never forget."
"I don't like lollipops."
"I'm right there with you, darlin'. Unless you step on a landmine, in which case I'm way back in the Operations Room." -Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl
"A genius. A criminal mastermind. A millionaire. And he is only twelve years old."
"Captain Short's life is in danger, so push the button before I climb that tower and push it with your face!" -Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl
"If [NAME] defeats and presumably murders us both then you can consider the debt null and void."-Eoin Colfer, The Opal Deception
"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose then I'm mad. That's the way history is written"-Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl
[close]

I'm literally sitting here with every Artemis Fowl book finding any of the quotes I don't remember well.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Jetthebinturong

No I couldn't give you a link to TSG, I could copy and paste bits and pieces to you in PMs but other than that, no

"I'll go with you. James we're leaving, bring the rent"
"Why?"
"You are not getting us arrested and evicted in the same day"
James shrugged "Whatever you say, I'll get my hoodie"
~Untitled story by ME again

Rainshadow

[After Allyson has a meltdown]
Sondra:  You were just having a moment.  That's all. 
Allyson:  Well, it was my fifth one this week.

~ Moms' Night Out

Aaaahhhh, that was a good movie.  :D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jukka the Sling

I've seen the trailer for that. Looks like a cool movie.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

"Of course it was, it was but half an hour out of twenty-seven years of life"
"And yet it turned you into a sociopath" James flipped him the bird, Michael sighed
~Untitled story, by ME