News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

It's time to conquer the Milky Way!

Started by Izeroth, September 14, 2014, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

'fraid zey moight 'ave a vee bit o' trouble viz zat mate. Zeir parliment iz apparently on Jupiter for zome odd reazon. Ah'm nae zeein' many vayz oot o' ziz vizoot zome unfortunate incoident. Any ideaz matez?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Izeroth

I have no respect for the utmost respect for those little fools those moon people. I will pursue the most violent possible course the most diplomatic course when wiping them off of the face of Jupiter negotiating.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

*Launches incendiary missile at Jupiter in the name of science*
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 19, 2014, 04:35:19 AM
Ah. Good to have you on board. I'm not opposed to more powerful weapons, but I don't think we have anti-matter missile launchers- If I'm not mistaken, and I may well be, photon torpedo launchers are less cautious than anti-matter weapon protocol will allow...

Regardless, fight hand-to-hand with what you want, as long as you carry at least one stun-capable weapon.

Izeroth, I don't sell anything. I take things sometimes, though... Why would I buy your goods that are of no use to me when I could just take them?

Ah, I wouldn't be a decent engineer if I couldn't rig something up. Tinkering with military tech is my specialty.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

*Immediately thinks of ways to for plate armor protective exosuits*
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 24, 2014, 02:32:06 AM
*Immediately thinks of ways to for plate armor protective exosuits*
Sorry, already took it. Integrated brainwave receivers so the whole thing is thought controlled. 360 degree camera vision and integrated data arrays. Powered by compact deuterium fusion reactors. Solid state shield projector. Auto-targeting laser array mounted on the shoulder. Manual high-power laser emitter on the arm, along with a plethora of weapons and tools in the wrists. Rocket launchers in the shoulder plates.

Yeah. The works. I've had a bit of time on my paws...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

I meant the actual armor and materials, genius. I'm obsessed with metal and the use of it, not the technology.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Metals? That's outdated. Composite polymers is where it's at. Far easier to manufacture, form, and sturdier than metals with much more controllable properties. Metals we only use in large-scale structural functions. They are otherwise mostly superannuated.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Izeroth

Composite polymer would be great if I could large-scale build them, but I can't. When you field an army as large as mine, you have to think about quantity and not quality. Unless the nearby volcano starts raining polymer, my metal resources far outnumber any composite polymer I have. Additionally, I've found that metal is able to withstand direct blows, while polymer is more subject to breaking.

Wylder Treejumper

Not if you can manufacture it right. Proper engineering technique and knowledge of the application of layers of different polymers for different properties are essential.

Anyways, if you are working purely off lunar elements, you got a raw deal, as 95% of the moon is just SiO2... Rock. You also have to use enormous amounts of power to separate the silicon and oxygen into useful forms.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Skarzs

It appears you haven't experienced the supermetals the trolls have forged under your feet. Well, since you're so satisfied with your polymers, I won't share any information with you.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

I need none. Polymers are superior to any metals for this sort of work. Anyways, forging itself is an outdated process.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington