News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Epic of The Golden Tomb

Started by Unimaginative, September 23, 2014, 10:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Izeroth on October 06, 2014, 01:19:33 AM
OOC: It's a little impossible to introduce my character right now, because I was going to have him try to stop our adventurers while they're on the road...

OOC: Okay, then, introduce him and have him eat fruit or something, then when we leave and get on the road, you continue with your plan. See? ((At this point, I don't really care.))

Jasper

Foulfang silently heard all.
"lett them thinkkk they are safeeee, Let them meet somewhere elsseee, but Foulfang will be there, be sure of that!"
Foulfang climbed out of the window and climbed to the very peak of the Inn's roof. From this point he could see both exits. Then when the unsuspecting creatures exited to find somewhere safe, he would follow them.

However, Foulfang was not a patient creature. It was not long before he tired of waiting for the stupid creatures below to exit the Inn.
"Blasssted, uselesss, snivellingg wretchess," he hissed venomously! "What, are they going to talk in there all day? Ha! I never liked that blassted innkeeper, letss sspppeeed them on there wayyyy, Hehehehe!" Foulfang climbed down from the roof and reentered the attic. He produced some flint from the deep pockets on the inside of his billowing cloak and struck with joy. Sparks flew as he hummed softly to himself. It was not long before a good blaze had spread throughout the Inn's attic. Foulfang laughed and chuckled to himself as he left the Inn and took a perch on the building directly alongside it.
"Stayyy and chatt in thatt woodlandersss!"

Gwen A. Mouse

((Whoa, total deja vu- something similar happened in the book I just read... 0.0 By the way Jasper, nice sig. ;) ))

Emilaya, hearing their plan to move somewhere else, cursed her luck. They'd be keeping a close eye out for beasts following them. Perhaps she could call in a few favors to find out where they were going, rather than having to tail them herself.

She rose quietly, leaving coin on the table on her way out. The ottermaid left the inn then, chuckling over the fact that she had left her tablemate's silver to pay for her drink. Her merriment ceased when she noticed the flames licking hungrily at the inn's roof. Before long, either the fire would spread downwards, or the roof would collapse.

Rushing back inside, the slight otter raised the alarm with surprising volume. "Everybeast out, NOW! There's a fire in the top level!"
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Delthion

Onoirath bolted out of his stool. Gesturing to a few of the inn's patrons he shouted; "We might be able to save the inn! We need to hurry!" Then he got up and grabbed the nearest water tight container and began climbign the stairs to the attic.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Dannflower Reguba

Saerilla recognized the the tell tale signs of fire before anybeast else. She had slipped out, but she couldn't reach the flame before everybeast was already panicking. Sighing, she climbed the rest of the way in an instant. She walked through the midst of the flames, though her fur did not light, nor did her clothing singe. She got down on her knees, concentrated, and spoke, "Cineál ar wrath, heed mo ghlao, nach bhfuil anois do chuid ama a reign. Tar chugam anois, agus fanacht go foighneach, le do sruthán ar stailc ar an wicked." As she spoke, the flames slowly peeled away from the attic wood, and traveled to her cupped hands where it seemingly disappeared. Breathing deeply, the golden squirrel relaxed. Consuming a fire wasn't exactly easy, especially since she strayed away from destructive forces such as fire. She stood slowly, and made for the same exit Foulfang had used not too long ago to hopefully avoid being seen.

OOC: Stop being mean to the innkeeper!  :P 
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Delthion

OOC: But you stole my heroic moment!  :D

Onoirath could now smell the flames, and rushed up to the attic with a pitcher of water but when he reached the attic the falmes were gone and there was only a squirrel. "Wow, that's a fine job you did with the fire, the alarm was only just raised! My name's Oroinath by the way." said he holding out his paw.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jasper

Foulfang watched in bafflement as his entire plan went awry. As a squirrel, presumably the fool who had ruined his plan, began to climb out the window, he ducked behind the chimney on his own building. The strange beast had not gotten upstairs immediately, and the fire had done a lot of damage, there was still a chance that the building may begin to collapse. For certain any sane creature would exit it soon.

Making a mental note to destroy the Inn later to finish the job, he leaned against the chimney and allowed his cloak to hide him as he watched the creatures below in hopes of spotting the ones he had picked out.

He also made a mental note to sell the golden squirrel to the harshest slave master he knew of. A thin smile crossed his face as he pictured that particular buyer, who went through slaves so quickly that he needed an entire new batch every 6 months.

OOC: Thanks Gwen; nice old Lord of the Rings quote.  :)

Dannflower Reguba

Saerilla was crouched down frog-like, and about to spring herself down to the ground to make her getaway, but she heard a voice before she could act. She grimaced slightly, hiding her face for a second behind the folds of the hood that lay on her shoulder. Composing herself, she turned towards the newcomer, pushing stray hairs out of her face and standing to accept the greeting, "Thank you, I'm Saerilla, a pleasure I'm sure." She gave the beast a warm smile as she took the proffered paw and shook it gently, but firmly, "Most don't see me when I do things like this."

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Foelin had already run out of the burning building and was standing in the street, staring at the fire in a mixture of shock, confusion, and frustration.  Yes, of course, the building was on fire, but how did the fire start?  And why did it have to start when the other beasts were just getting into an interesting conversation?

Realizing her mouth was hanging open, the possum shut it quickly, glancing around to make sure no beast had noticed her surprise.  A scowl came back to her face, and she turned to look at the inn again, surprised to see the flames receding and the smoke dissipating.  What was going on?  Had someone put it out?  From how much smoke had been hovering above the inn, it had looked like nothing would be able to be salvaged, but somehow somebeast had stopped the fire.  Amazing.

After a moment's pause, thinking of her options, Foeda decided to reenter the building, looking at all the corners of the main room to make sure there was no fire to be seen.  Then, once she'd checked and was reassured that she wouldn't burn to death, the possum made her way to the otter who'd sounded the alarm.  "Wot inna bloody 'ellgates jus' 'appened?  You know who started the fire?"  She looked over at her spot near the fireplace, frowning when she saw her mug of grog had been knocked over.  Somebeast would be paying for that, and soon.

OOC:  Gwendy, Foeda's talking to Emilaya.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Delthion

"Nice to meet you. That's a fine gift you have there; were you born with it, or did something trigger it?" said Onoirath as he began descending back down to the main room.

Cornflower MM

Arya had dashed out of the tavern when the alarm was called, and was now sitting on a bench right by the inn, waitong for her. . . . .Companions? Was that the right word? She had no idea.

Unimaginative

Garin had been knocked out of his seat in the rush of the creatures around him, and had been pushed against the wall by the crowd. As soon as he was able to sprint through the door, he did so, and found Arya sitting on a bench. "Have you seen Onoirath?" he asked his Squirrel companion.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Dannflower Reguba

"Well, I've always been able to do things like it, but I still learn new ones as well." She was in a tough spot, she really didn't want to go down by everybeast the normal way lest they find out about her.... skills. The problem came in that Onoirath was already descending, and it would be rude to just cut off. She decided to follow close behind and hope that everybeast thought that they had just put the fire out together since none of them had been there.

Cornflower MM

"No, I haven't." Arya replied, shrugging. "Maybe he's helped with the now-out fire?" She wondered, pointing to the roof, where no flames could be seen.

Delthion

As Onoirath reached the lower level he looked around for his colleagues. He didn't see them in the now deserted dining area, so he looked outside and found them there. "Sorry about that, I was in the attic." said Onoirath to Garin.