News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Time to Rant About School!

Started by Wylder Treejumper, October 01, 2014, 04:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

I hate school! Help me rant about everything wrong with it!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Rusvul

Public school is bad... Doesn't do what it is supposed to as well as it could, extremely stressful for everyone involved, lots of teachers don't actually know what they're doing...

Wylder Treejumper

The students (Mostly the honors ones) are smarter than the teachers, the classes don't help you learn, and...

TOO MUCH HOME- WORK!!!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

I found out that my welding is going to have to wait another year. bad stuff.

GAAAHHH!!!
Anyways. . . Since I'm homeschooled, it might not be as bad, but it's still stressful.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Mask

Seems schools are very different in America. The public schools here are BETTER than private ones. And unfortunately I go to a private one. THEY TRY SO HARD TO MAKE ME A CHRISTIAN!!!! No offense to any Christians, it's just really annoying. If you have a problem with that PM me, no point making this an argument.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 01, 2014, 04:30:51 AM

GAAAHHH!!!
Anyways. . . Since I'm homeschooled, it might not be as bad, but it's still stressful.
Your homeschooled? Thats awesome so am I!
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

The Skarzs

The torture is that it's SOOO tempting to goof off, but I have to grit my teeth and force myself to do the schoolwork every day.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

I'm home-schooled and it's quite easy to goof off and get work done.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

A lot of private schools are not religiously affiliated. The majority, in fact.

As for me, I put in 12 hour days of school related stuff. WWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Rusvul

Yes, though many are, and often (at least where I live, a very Christian location) the good ones are very religious.

Luther of Redwall

This year I'm in 8th grade and advanced english. Now this wouldn't bother me so much normally, but my teacher is making me write a 5 page report about the educational and economic demands of 1914 and 2014. Another thing is that it is dure next Friday, and I'm really nervous about this. I don't like 8th grade if you can't tell.
Life is fair because it is unfair to everyone.

Luther of Redwall

Quote from: The Mask on October 01, 2014, 04:47:47 AM
Seems schools are very different in America. The public schools here are BETTER than private ones. And unfortunately I go to a private one. THEY TRY SO HARD TO MAKE ME A CHRISTIAN!!!! No offense to any Christians, it's just really annoying. If you have a problem with that PM me, no point making this an argument.
I used to attend to a Christian private school, and I hate to admit it, but I failed to pay attention to the Christian-lesson-part-thingy most of the time. I'e always felt guilty about that..  :-\
Life is fair because it is unfair to everyone.

The Skarzs

Hey Luther, the mods don't like it too much if we double post, so instead we use the shiny modify button on the top right of the post. Just for next time, y'know? ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

This is the Cellars right? Good!

AAAAAAAUUUGGH!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Delthion

...?

What's the matter with him?!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.