I dare you... to hit paste in the replies.

Started by SilentSam, December 02, 2014, 09:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

This is the road to ruin
And we're starting at the end

I'm retired from the forum

Banya

Purge the clipboards! Ctrl+V and dump it here.

Lord Daskar

When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Banya

I'm unsure whether you pasted that sentence or you're genuinely confused.

Groddil

Follow TVTropes

Browse TVTropes
    Ask The Tropers
    Trope Finder
    You Know That Show...
    You Know That Thing Where...
    Reviews

Display Options

Show Spoilers
    Night Vision
    Sticky Header
    Wide Load

Crucial Browsing

Genre
    Media
    Narrative
    Other Categories
    Topical Tropes

Community Showcase Explore More
Watch

Edit Page
    3 Reviews
    Related
    Discussion
    History
    More

Video Game / Cave Story

Main Awesome AwesomeMusic Characters FanficRecs Fridge Funny Headscratchers Heartwarming Laconic NightmareFuel Quotes TearJerker Trivia VideoGame WMG YMMV Es Haiku Create New

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/caves_story_325_2468.jpg

Cave Story is a jumping-and-shooting action game.
Explore the caves until you reach the ending.
You can also save your game and continue from where you left off.
— Author's description of the game

You wake up in a cave. You shoot your way out of the cave, so you can get to a village in another cave. Then you have to go to a different cave, followed by...

Well, it's aptly named. You might just come for the fun, Mega Man (Classic)-style gameplay, but the story is what you will end up staying for.

Cave Story is a freeware Metroidvania game by Daisuke Amaya, aka Studio Pixel. The game thrusts you into the action with no explanations, forcing you to figure out the plot by yourself as you go. There are robot soldiers, bunny people called Mimigas, and a Mad Scientist with a magic helmet and a Morally Ambiguous Doctorate trying to Take Over the World.

This game was created entirely by one man in his spare time. Daisuke Amaya wrote the scenario, drew the artwork and scenery, animated the sprites, designed all of the levels, composed all of the music, and programmed the entire game engine, all by himself over the course of five years.

Its breeding ground on the English-speaking Internet is here. There have been many ports. There's a Mac OS X port available here, and a Linux port available here. A port to the original Xbox also exists, as well as a PSP port, here (requires custom firmware).

It's on the Wii and DSI Ware with some extra features. There's a commercial version, Cave Story+, available in the Apple Mac Store, on Steam (for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux), on Desura (for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux), and (formerly) as part of Humble Indie Bundle 4 and 7; it has the Wii/DSI Ware features plus an extra level. Cave Story 3D is a remake for the 3DS with new content. Another port was confirmed for the 3DS eShop, which features 3D sprites and Cave Story+ extras, minus the HD graphics and sound. It was released on October 4, 2012.

Pixel has confirmed that a sequel is very, very likely.
This game provides examples of:

2½D: The 3DS remake.

Lord Daskar

Quote from: Banya on February 26, 2016, 09:37:17 PM
I'm unsure whether you pasted that sentence or you're genuinely confused.
I am genuinely confused.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Banya

Every post in this thread is simply you pressing Ctrl+V to dump whatever you last cut or copied into the text box.  That's all there is to it.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Cornflower MM

Quote from: James Gryphon on February 26, 2016, 05:58:59 AM
My inspiring introduction on my ePortfolio:

I believe first and foremost in honesty. If you're looking for a portfolio that's loaded with inspirational cliches, or waxes eloquent about its writer's achievements, I'm afraid you'll do better to look someplace else. All you will find here are the hard facts about me, such as they are. If you as readers aren't impressed, all I can say is that I'm sorry, and that I don't blame you. If this portfolio is to lead you to believe that I do have something to offer, it's better for that to come by a bleak revelation of the facts than through silver-tongued rhetoric. Even so, I hope you'll find this content enlightening and memorable.

"Tell the truth." - Grover Cleveland

Oh hey! A keyboard shortcut ACTUALLY worked! *Is extremely excited* *Pats laptop* Good girl.

James Gryphon

A butcher dumped out a barrel-full of blood right into the water where Sir Frederick was.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.