News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by The Mask, December 24, 2014, 11:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Mm, books.
I got a bunch of household items. Never knew I would be so happy to get a vacuum cleaner and kitchen utensils.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Kade Rivok

I got jeans, and was happy about it.  Being an adult is kinda lame  :laugh:
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

The Skarzs

It's the little things in life.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: The Skarzs on December 26, 2019, 01:36:15 AM
Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on December 25, 2019, 08:49:51 PM
I didn't get anything for Christmas... but we played dreidle and I got chocolate coins.
Are you Jewish?
No but dad is and we enjoy celebrating the biblical feasts. (plus the stories are really cool)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

The Skarzs

So, not to sound materialistic, but why didn't you get anything?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Booklover

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on December 26, 2019, 03:03:38 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!

I had a great time this year. Dinner was great, we played party games (charades, and that character forehead thingy), me and my brother had an incredibly close chess game (he won. The game ended with him having just the king and both bishops, and I had the king and two pawns (I conceded when I lost my last knight). We also watched the first episode of The Witcher, which was decent, Independence Day, which was a fun action film (never actually seen it before) and Deadpool.
I got a buncha books:

List of books
From left to right, that's:
Fire & Blood by George R. R. Martin. Part one of the history of House Targaryen from his A Song of Ice and Fire series, told by three different historians (and thus, rather unreliable).
Lair of Dreams and Before the Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray. Books 2 & 3 in The Diviners series. Prohibition era YA supernatural horror.
The Gunslinger by Stephen King. The first book in The Dark Tower. No idea what it's about, but I've been meaning to get into King, and figured I'd start with his fantasy - not the greatest fan of horror.
Warchild by Karin Lowachee. Honestly cannot remember what it's about, other than it's classic gay sci-fi.
Monster of the Week by F. T. Lukens. Sequel to The Rules and Regulations for Mediating Myths & Magic. It's a YA fantasy romance about a boy who accidentally becomes the apprentice of a wizard.
City of Betrayal by Claudie Arseneault. Sequel to City of Strife. Idealistic lord in a free city standing up to a brutal and domineering empire.
Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. Romance about the son of the US president, and the Prince of Wales falling in love.
The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen. YA high fantasy. Caste system named after birds. Crows cannot get diseases, so they deal with the dead. Lowest caste in society.
The Root by Na'amen Gobert Tilahun. Don't remember much about it. I think there might be a drug that gives people powers? Maybe some hacking? It's a sci-fi.
The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon. Adult high fantasy with dragons and magical assassin nuns.
Tapestry by Hallie Burton. YA high fantasy set in a world where anything that stirs passion is banned. Follows a boy who wants to make music.
The Last Sun by K. D. Edwards. Don't remember this either. Think it's adult urban fantasy. Series is called the Tarot Sequence, so it's probably to do with fate and fortune-telling.
and Saga Vols. 2 & 3 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples. Romeo and Juliet type space opera about two members of warring races who fall in love and have a kid, and now both races want them dead.
[close]
Do you play chess much? What's your grade? Depending on the position of your pawns, and whether or not your brother knows how to checkmate with two bishops within 50 moves (although two bishops is a lot easier than a bishop and a knight), you might have been able to scrape a draw.

I think I have some books to add to my ever-growing list of books I want to read.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Sebias of Redwall

One of the gifts I got was a Lord of the Rings Monopoly. I never knew that they even made one like that. (Though, I should've guessed. XD)
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques <br /><br />"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." <br /><br />"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."<br /><br />~JRR Tolkien<br /><br />Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Sebias of Redwall

Yep! Played it a few times already. Pretty fun!
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques <br /><br />"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." <br /><br />"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."<br /><br />~JRR Tolkien<br /><br />Long live the RRR!

Booklover

What's your favourite board game?

Sebias of Redwall

Risk, or Chess. Maybe Axis and Allies.

Booklover

I've got Lord of the Rings Risk. Anyway, the best thing about Risk is:
Spoiler
Some of the older versions forgot New Zealand.
[close]

Want to play chess?

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Booklover on January 01, 2020, 05:59:37 PM
I've got Lord of the Rings Risk.
Really? Neat!
Anyway, the best thing about Risk is:
Spoiler
[close]
Lol
Want to play chess?
Probably not right now. I'll have to go soon. Besides, I'm only half-way good at playing people face-to-face.  :P

Ebantu the Kararehe

I've got Lord of the Rings Risk. Anyway, the best thing about Risk is:
Spoiler
[close]

Want to play chess?
You are so dead.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Kade Rivok

What are you talking about?  Australia has always been on there.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!