News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Useless Skills

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 25, 2011, 11:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

I have a friend that can bend their hand back until it appears that she has folded in half!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Skyblade

Quote from: Delthion on March 09, 2015, 02:21:09 AM
Not to mention crude.

Well, that's what I try not to do it when it's uncalled for :( It's just this weird skill.

I can also be awkard without trying.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

Even when I'm not a skilled player, I can run the entire soccer field during the whole match without taking a breath nor slow down a bit. Why is it useless? Because I'm not skilled xD!
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Mhera

Quote from: Skyblade on March 09, 2015, 02:50:20 AM
Quote from: Delthion on March 09, 2015, 02:21:09 AM
Not to mention crude.

Well, that's what I try not to do it when it's uncalled for :( It's just this weird skill.
This implies that you do sometimes find yourself in situations in which it is called for ;D.

I am really good at putting plastic wrap on things. Like I can cover a bowl with the stuff and you wouldn't be able to see it.

BlueRose

I can play "I dropped my Dolly" on the piano at high speeds.

I can also lock my knuckles so that my fingers are completely straight and then bend them at the top joint without pain and hold my hands like that for indefinite periods of time.. It weirds my mom out.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

James Gryphon

I'm great at at least two multiplayer games that nobody else plays anymore.
« Subject to editing »

Banya

I can play a 4-mallet marimba well.  Problem is I don't have a marimba.

LT Sandpaw

I have an excellent inner clock that is usually right 80 percent of the time.

And I am very resistant to getting dizzy, even on the theme park rides I'm still good, and I can spin around three hundred times fast and walk away perfectly fine.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Delthion on August 04, 2014, 04:07:08 AM
Quote from: Faiyloe on August 02, 2014, 11:20:49 PM
Quote from: Delthion on August 02, 2014, 11:06:29 PM
Quote from: The Skarzs on August 02, 2014, 09:46:39 PM
Quote from: Delthion on August 02, 2014, 08:57:03 PM
- I took saber fencing lessons,
What kind of saber? I have a Confederate cavalry saber.

The kind you see used at the Olympics.

You mean when they do fencing. That's a rapier (Long strait thin blade with basket hilt). Not a saber. Unless there is a kind of saber fighting in the Olympics that I don't know about.  

The fencing instructor and everyone that I know that has referred to that sword calls it a saber.

It's a rapier.

I can shape my tongue into many shapes and bend all my fingers behind the back of my hand.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

No, it's a saber! How many times must I say this?! That has been dead for months!!! IT'S CALLED A SABER!!! THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED SABER FENCING!!!! *Grumbles something about alienating Faiy's frying pan.*
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

These are images I got from google.
First off: fencing saber, apparently.

This is a picture of three fencing weapons.

From what I can tell the only difference is in the handles.

Now here are some pictures of rapiers.

It seems that the difference between the sabers (and similar swords) and rapiers is that rapiers have two edges while the former have only one.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

YES!!! THANK YOU!!! (Even though I am your mortal enemy... ;D)

Also the Foil is much smaller than the Epee, the Saber is the middle of the two. The Foil and the Epee also have rubber tips and use the point. The Saber's point is just folded over metal and it doesn't use the point. There are different techniques for each one I believe as well...

The Skarzs

Glad to be able to help clarify, even if my knowledge on the specifications is lacking.

Quote from: Delthion on March 11, 2015, 02:35:24 AM
(Even though I am your mortal enemy... ;D)
I didn't even say anything to oppose you. ::)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

I mean with the Faiy/Skarzs topic... ;D

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.