News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Arena OOC

Started by James Gryphon, January 14, 2015, 04:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

There is something called double posting which is considered illegal in most countries. Also I hope she gets well soon. And tell here we will be sure to wait for her to come back before we move on.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jukka the Sling

She's doing well; thanks, guys. I'll be sure to tell her.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

James Gryphon

Sky was gifted the plastic sword a while back, and just hasn't used it up until now; BlueRose was gifted the giant rose, and Sky took it when she beat her.
« Subject to editing »

Søren

Quote from: James Gryphon on March 24, 2015, 11:43:56 PM
Sky was gifted the plastic sword a while back, and just hasn't used it up until now; BlueRose was gifted the giant rose, and Sky took it when she beat her.
I claimed it from Blue and Sky got it from me when she beat me.

I'm retired from the forum

James Gryphon

You, BlueRose, same thing.
« Subject to editing »

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

Am I the only one who's worried that getting the items of every person you kill might be OP?

This is coming from the player who became a weapon-loaded freak last round.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Faiyloe

I think taking out gifts from viewers will help fix that problem. Also we never found out who won the last round. Do you want to finish that?

James Gryphon

We could say you can only carry so many things at a time (so that you'd have to drop things you can't carry, leaving them open for other players).
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

That's a good and practical idea.

We could balance the viewers' gifts by putting restrictions on them. They shouldn't be allowed to donate really powerful things (AKA Russa's tras-whatever it's called gun). That could turn around the whole game and we don't want that. I think it's better if the players have to take advantage of the resources they already have.

We might also want to limit how many gifts each player can get.

About last round, I don't even know anymore...

James Gryphon

The transmogrifier gun was my fault (though I sent most of the gifts, actually). In all fairness, though, Russa had been one of the most creative players up to that point, and Faiy did put extra restrictions on it (I suggested it in its original incarnation from Calvin & Hobbes, which would have allowed her to also transform herself or other people; that obviously would have been unstoppable).

I think the gifts are a good idea, and liven up the game. It all just depends on how the host uses them. I'm thinking about not giving them away for free, but instead giving them as prizes for performing challenges -- or maybe just drop the item somewhere in the building and let y'all race for it.

---

Room description isn't final yet. I'm making some tweaks to it, to make it easier to picture and more manageable. I actually began work on a map earlier; I'm not sure if I'll post it up here for y'all to look at, or just use it for reference in designing the room. I want to leave some scope for imagination on y'all's part.
« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

If y'all have any questions, now is the time to ask. Actions (attacks on other players) are now being accepted.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

I'll get around to posting. Feeling pretty low right now.

Faiyloe

DO I MIND! I am thrilled I am so glad that some one who has the time can actually mod the game. It was a great idea and everyone loved it so much. I am going to say that the last round is a tie and make it official. can't leave any loose ends lying around can we.  ;D anyway I am definatly going to take a look at the new one and perhaps I may join though I may be a bit busy this week and the next so... we will see.