News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What are your favorite Bible verses?

Started by Icefire, August 29, 2011, 03:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

The center of the whirlpool galaxy!  So epic!  ;D

Another of my favorites is Acts 4:32!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lady Amber

Mine is...

Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity
1 Timothy 4:12

winifred

Quote from: Icefire on August 31, 2011, 09:01:03 PM
Do you mean Creationist? If so, me, too! Except for the so far bit. There is nothing you can do to convince me that creation is false because if creation is false, there's an error in the Bible and if one part's wrong you may as well throw the whole thing out and then there is no point in life whatsoever. Did any of that make sense?
yes totally made since look up WWW.answersingenisis.com i am also a fellow creationist who came up with the big bang anyway???? ??? ??? ???
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Redwall Musician

Winifred:
We ask that you not double post. We would like it if you edit you original post. Simply click the "Modify" button that is located at the right top corner of your original post and add anything you wanted to say. If you have a question feel free to send a Private Message to one of the mods.

By the way, welcome and I hope you have a good time here! (I'm Musician in case you missed it).
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

frameltons

He set another parable before them, saying, "The Kingdom of Heaven is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field; which indeed is smaller than all seeds. But when it is grown, it is greater than the herbs, and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in its branches."

— Matthew 13:31–32, World English Bible

Nightfire

One of my favorites is Ephisians 6:10-12.

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

frameltons

...so, was Paul mixing politics in with religion even from the start?..

Nightfire

No, he was talking about how political leaders were likely to be corrupted by the devil. Notice he said 'we wrestle not against flesh and blood,' meaning that we don't fight against other humans, we fight against Satan. He just likes to corrupt humans. I guess it's his personal hobby.

Icefire

I'm reading a book put out by Answer in Genesis right now!

I also LOVE the Psalms. Even the Psalms that are saying things like "Save me, I'm being destroyed by my enemies, etc" always have something remembering that God is faithful and He will save!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

I always loved Proverbs, because it's such good advice.

"Better to live on a corner of the roof than to share a house with an argumentive woman." :D

Icefire

Quote from: Nightfire on October 25, 2011, 05:26:29 PM
I always loved Proverbs, because it's such good advice.

"Better to live on a corner of the roof than to share a house with an argumentive woman." :D
What version is that? And what verse?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

winifred

another of my fav's
hebrews 4:12
john 1:1
job 41:1-4
genisis 1:1 in the begining God created.
God created us! ;D
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
And many many more...

Taggerung The Otter

"God so love the world that he gave his only begotton son so that whoever belived in him would nae parish but live eternal life"
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

winifred

I just found another:
Colossions 2:8
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy which depends on the human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on christ.oh so true!
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
And many many more...

Skipper

im not religious but i like this one Exodus 22:24 My anger will be aroused, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless. it sounds quite cool