News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall Conference

Started by Nightfire, September 10, 2011, 04:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eualaia

i jump up from somewhere in the crowd.

why is cake a lie?
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Skipper

Skipper turned his head and scratched his rudder 'what are you on about shipmate?'

Nightfire

"I think he's lost 'is mind," Nightfire cackles, shooting an arrow at a stoat that had popped up in the crowd.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skipper

Skipper scratched his head 'Oi! security, 'ow did a soat get in here?'

winifred

OOC: I will be security;)
BIC:Uh...................Creeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww how did a stoat get in 'ere? Sorry Skip I'm also part of the conference, but I'm the head security aroun 'ere, I'll make sure it doesnt 'appen again!

I have a question why are polecats called polecats? They are'nt cats and I dont think they sit on poles.
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Bragoon

*clears throat*  If'n you'll excuse me, marm, I think I can answer that particular question.  The first part of the name either comes from an older French word for poultry, which is something that weasels (also known as polecats) like to eat, or from the fact that it's long, like a pole.  The second part is pretty obvious.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

winifred

My thanks to you Bragoon! *mutters under breath: polecats indeed* ;D
Now next question PLEASE!
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
And many many more...

Tiria Wildlough

'Why is half the Internet against the Twilight saga?'
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skipper

'i have no idea' Skipper says 'Edwards soooo shiny' he murmers, Skipper coughs and looks around hoping no one heard him

White One6193

White One joins Nightfire's fight, trying to tucker the mad squirrel out "The reason", answering the Twilight saga question, "Is because a certain lady by the name of Stephanie Meyer can't write well at ALL, nor does she seem to, from what's in the books, have any idea what a vampire is supposed to be! I.E., AN EVIL UNDEAD SLAVIC DEMON! That can also turn into either a bat OR wolf." Whiteone tags Trigoma, and says "Here, your turn!"   
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Skipper

Actually Thats how people image vampires as, it dosn't mean that's how they are, she used a little thing called imagination, maybe you've heard of it

winifred

question.
Why is eveyone against bloodwrath and ninjas? ;D
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
And many many more...

Bragoon

*grunts*  I hate getting into this, but I feel obliged to.

I should start off by saying that I myself haven't read any of the books in the Twilight series.  But from what I'm told, she does write very well.  It's not the writing that I take issue with, it's the subject matter.  To be blunt, it's adultery and idolatry, which is why it's so popular.  I find it to be a picture of the world today, and it's an ugly one.  I enjoy a reasonable romance story (The Count of Monte Cristo is a nice example), but that sort of innuendo-laden, pointless drama isn't what I look for in a book, and it's the sort of thing that I pray people will give up.  We should be moving towards a soundness and an order in our lives that can only be truly provided by God, which is why people enjoy it - it speaks to them where they're at in their lives, in a mire of that sort of ugly mess.

In a lighter note, in the books, creature are mildly afraid of Bloodwrath creatures because of the damage they can do to their surroundings, even their friends, when they're under the influence of Bloodwrath.  

And I'm not for pirates either, I just dislike them less than I dislike ninjas.  :P
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Skipper

Ninjas are cool, in cartoons that is
Bloodwrath is a deadly weapon and anyone who wants it is crazy, i would only use it in times of need, i know it cannot be controlled but you shouldn't want it, the person normally feels they need to prove themself if they want the bloodwrath

Tiria Wildlough

Aye. And what are memes?
(Thanks for the explanation, Bragoon.)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.