News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall Conference

Started by Nightfire, September 10, 2011, 04:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eualaia

OOC: dummies, i am not a stoat
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Bragoon

Meme:
1. An element of a culture or behavior that may be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
2. An image, video, etc. that is passed electronically from one Internet user to another.

Definition two is what most people mean when they talk about a meme.  Basically, it's anything that can be passed from one person to another, like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or the Nyancat.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Skipper

Quote from: eualaia on February 21, 2012, 07:07:18 PM
OOC: dummies, i am not a stoat
Skipper replies gruffly 'Mind you manners cullie or i'll mind them for you! no one called you a stoat you muddleheaded nuisance' Skipper sits down smiling to wild applause from all the otters gathered

eualaia

"well then mr. tubby otter lets see you try?"

winifred

*winifred very discreetly moves in between skip and eulalia*
Come now we are here to talk reasonably about questions and problems not fight.
(unless I'm doing the fighting ;D )
Anyways, why just today I heard that voles are the same as fieldmice.Is this true? :-\
I could look it up but I'd rather ask here ;D
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Skipper

Skipper chuckled 'if im tubby then your crazy longears' Skipper swung his sling and loosened it off between eulalia's ears

Bragoon

Yes, they are the same.  I kind of just take it in stride and figure it provides a little variety, like when Mr. Jacques used the term 'polecat' instead of 'weasel' for Malkariss.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Skipper

are ermine ferrets but white? i wasn't sure

White One6193

Quote from: Bragoon on February 20, 2012, 06:09:53 PM
*grunts*  I hate getting into this, but I feel obliged to.

I should start off by saying that I myself haven't read any of the books in the Twilight series.  But from what I'm told, she does write very well.  It's not the writing that I take issue with, it's the subject matter.  To be blunt, it's adultery and idolatry, which is why it's so popular.  I find it to be a picture of the world today, and it's an ugly one.  I enjoy a reasonable romance story (The Count of Monte Cristo is a nice example), but that sort of innuendo-laden, pointless drama isn't what I look for in a book, and it's the sort of thing that I pray people will give up.  We should be moving towards a soundness and an order in our lives that can only be truly provided by God, which is why people enjoy it - it speaks to them where they're at in their lives, in a mire of that sort of ugly mess.

In a lighter note, in the books, creature are mildly afraid of Bloodwrath creatures because of the damage they can do to their surroundings, even their friends, when they're under the influence of Bloodwrath.  

And I'm not for pirates either, I just dislike them less than I dislike ninjas.  :P

THAT'S the the point I was trying tae make! For the record, Twilight's pointless melodrama on THAT ridiculous of a level makes for shoddy word-smithing and a sloppy storyline.

If one wishes for an eternal romance, read of God's immortal love for his children and the sacrifice He made of his own Son to save them from death!

Bloodwrath, in my opinion, is righteous wrath, Old Testament-style. Do something evil and/or egregiously nasty and BYE-BYE life; HELLO, Hell!(Or Hellgates, as the case may be)
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Taggerung The Otter

A random otter walks in with a cake in hand
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

White One6193

Oooh, CAKE!!! OMNOMNOM. Delicious, thankee!
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

redwallgurl

"Hey that was my cake!!!!"
Fun. is a fantastic band.

eualaia

*whacks skipper over the head with a stone*

"that'll teach ya!"

redwallgurl

"Nice conference. Are all conferences on this site like this? They usually end up like that right?!"
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Bragoon

I... don't know.  This is the only one we've ever had. 
So in a sense, yes, they do always end up like this.  XP