News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

RP Revival Committee

Started by Izeroth, May 08, 2015, 12:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izeroth

Welcome to the RP Revival Committee thread! As part of the Redwall Forum Revival Movement, this Committe will strive to regenerate old roleplays, while at the same time suggesting new ones.

Members: Cornflower MM; Izeroth; Lord_Ashenwyte; Gonff the Mousethief; Jukka the Sling; Sagetip, the Hare;

RPs that could be revived: Forbidden Truce; Birds of the Mountain

Hickory

I'm joining. I'm advocating for more signups In the Submission and Rebellion RP, sand and I had been the only ones in it and now, it it only I.  :P
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Izeroth

Once we get one more member, I'll begin some brainstorming.

Gonff the Mousethief

I just aksed Wylder if I can join this one as well, so I may be helping out.

EDIT: Ok, I am on the team now!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

I'd like to see at least one of my ideas for RPs not die at the  paws of inactivity, or try to redo one of them.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on May 08, 2015, 01:19:19 AM
I'm joining. I'm advocating for more signups In the Submission and Rebellion RP, sand and I had been the only ones in it and now, it it only I.  :P

I'll check it out. ;)

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 08, 2015, 04:08:51 AM
I'd like to see at least one of my ideas for RPs not die at the  paws of inactivity, or try to redo one of them.

Why don't you try re-doing one?

Lady Ashenwyte

I for one would like to see Faiy's RP (It was a feud between two noble houses.) Chapter 3 revived.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Cornflower MM

You mean Forbidden Truce? Yeah, that one was pretty fun. . . . . . Even if I was the only one in my house. I'll talk to her about reviving it. Any others you can think of? :)

Lady Ashenwyte

Hero of Redwall looked very appealing. I'll see about kickstarting Blood, Ice, and Fire back and up again, depending on demand for RPs.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jukka the Sling

I'd like to be a member of this.

Here's a couple of suggestions to improve RP'ing: Everyone should have at least three sentences in every RP post, and posts that consist of nothing but speech should be avoided. (I mean, you can always add a "he said" or some description after the talking.)

Most importantly, when you join an RP, you should be completely committed to seeing it through to the end, no matter the odds. And you shouldn't be afraid to PM people and remind them to post.

That's just my two cents.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Izeroth

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 08, 2015, 09:53:41 PM
I'd like to be a member of this.

Here's a couple of suggestions to improve RP'ing: Everyone should have at least three sentences in every RP post, and posts that consist of nothing but speech should be avoided. (I mean, you can always add a "he said" or some description after the talking.)

Most importantly, when you join an RP, you should be completely committed to seeing it through to the end, no matter the odds. And you shouldn't be afraid to PM people and remind them to post.

That's just my two cents.
Good ideas!

Anyway, let's start a brainstorming session. Before we can solve anything, we need to figure out exactly what the problems are. So, any thoughts on that?

Wylder Treejumper

I've added Jukka to Strategic Command.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Mask

I can bring back Birds of the Mountain. I'm a lot more experienced with RPing and could probably run properly this time.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Gonff the Mousethief

Should we gather a list of the RPs that should be revived and that were the most popular, just to see what people enjoyed?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

Yus! Finally got an idea for an RP. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.