News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Forum Elections: The Cellars

Started by Banya, May 29, 2015, 11:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whom do you wish to be President of the Cellars?

Soren the Warrior (Celler Dweller Party)
Skarzs the Cave Troll (Trollitarian Party)
Jet the Binturong (Green Party)
Izeroth the Totalitarian (Totalitarian Party)

The Skarzs

If this is true, then you still have something in your head that is not your own, possibly influencing your decisions.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

He can't influence my decisions, otherwise I bombard him with images of his first, second and third bodies being killed. It may or may not cause psychological damage to him but he's a mass murderer so who cares?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Tyrull, my nemesis, who I've had to imprison in my mind to stop him from wreaking havoc.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Banya

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on May 30, 2015, 08:56:48 AM
Then you may be.
Campaign Manager Ashenwyte, you are free to create and post propaganda that illustrates or otherwise reiterates your candidate's stance or that points out flaws and discrepancies in other candidates' arguments.

Quote from: Faiyloe on May 30, 2015, 04:56:19 PM
I request to the moderator that my candidates title be changed, to Skarzs the Cave Troll, Torte is just a pet name.
Done.

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on May 30, 2015, 04:59:55 PM
Is Jet an official candidate now?
Yes.  Jet is one of our four official candidates.  Please refer here for clarification.

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on May 30, 2015, 06:29:57 PM
Miss Banya?
Speak, sir.

We are waiting for a rebuttal each from Izeroth the Totalitarian and Soren the Warrior before moving on to Mr. Treejumper's questions.  The candidates have until Saturday's end, or their chance to speak is forfeited.

I suggest all conversation regarding nemeses and voices be directed to the Insane Asylum or the Election Commentary thread for the time being.

Hickory

Oh, Miss Banya, I was merely soliciting a reaponse from you regarding the Skarzs attitude.

Banya

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on May 30, 2015, 07:35:33 PM
Oh, Miss Banya, I was merely soliciting a reaponse from you regarding the Skarzs attitude.
Your concern is appreciated, Mr. Tip.  For all undecided voters, the good or poor attitudes of the candidates will only help or hurt the candidates, respectively.  The candidate may choose to speak as freely, frankly, or flowerily as he wishes in the hope that the citizens do not find fault with his carefully chosen words.  As always, the candidates should speak honestly and put the people and the people's interests first, as we would expect a Cellars President to do no less.

The Skarzs

Frankness and honesty is not always something found when speaking "flowerily", the eloquence often hiding what they choose not to be honest about.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

How do I ask our candidates questions? Do I just sign up to go after Wylder?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Banya

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 30, 2015, 08:09:14 PM
Frankness and honesty is not always something found when speaking "flowerily", the eloquence often hiding what they choose not to be honest about.
Hence the "or."  This is why your style of speaking is your choice.  As undecided, independent voters, it is the citizens' choice to listen, believe, and vote.

Quote from: Skyblade on May 30, 2015, 08:20:55 PM
How do I ask our candidates questions? Do I just sign up to go after Wylder?
Please state your question anytime that it suits you best.  When Soren and Izeroth have presented their rebuttals, or forfeited their opportunity to rebut, Wylder's questions and then yours will be addressed.

Izeroth

Skarzs' answer fails to take several variables into account. What if the mods wake up in the middle of the mind-controlling process and go on a violent rampage? What if the mind controlling trick goes too far, and damages the very fabric of the forum itself? What if an assortment of various insane woodland animals find out about your plan and try to thwart it?

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 30, 2015, 04:30:08 PM
To Izeroth: Ah, another extreme. Chaos will be present whether or not one wants it to, and no amount of dystopian enforcement will change that. Forceful respect is not respect; it is fear, tyranny. Leading by example shall be the best of policies.

I beg to differ. With enough "dystopian" enforcement, even seemingly permanent things like chaos can be eliminated. I am not aiming to be a ruthless tyrant; I'm merely attempting to instill this forum with a newfound sense of obedience and order. Clearly, the current system is not working.

The Skarzs

One person's view of order is another's view of tyranny, thus spurning on more chaos. (Like in every futuristic dystopian setting ever.)
  As for the mods awakening, that would be very unlikely. I will have erased their memories way before then; any damage done will be minimal to the forum. And I enjoy a good cookout, so little animals will be a delicious addition.

I also offer cookies and cake (with milk) for all the day of my election.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

The Celler Dwellers official rebuttal:
To Skarzs:
A famous saying that I belive fits here is this: "Happiness is a choice." The foundations that this board was founded on, goodwill, joy and peace, should never be undermined by over disciplinary actions. Mind control would only take away the charicter and individuality that has made the Cellers what they are, the rich and happy place we know them to be. That's what my administration is trying to accomplish, by doing what you yourself said: "Lead by example."

To Izeroth:
"Total control would have the same adverse effect that mind control would. What good would the Cellers be, if you cannot enjoy them as yourself? What would be left besides mindless drone, endlessly clicking on topics and never really expressing themselves? The very foundation of what made this board great would be ruined."

To Jet:
"Fun, perhaps. But also costly. With a certain level of injustice, yes there is tease-like fun that has benefited this board. But it also comes at the cost of people's feelings."

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

The controlled ones will be my examples.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

*ahem* When will the actual poll be put up? It is a democracy....