News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Mafia 2.5?

Started by Skyblade, July 22, 2015, 06:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Post your vote in bold. Vote changes are allowed.

A message to the Town:
2 (22.2%)
You have to kill
1 (11.1%)
a member of of the Mafia
2 (22.2%)
today
0 (0%)
or you will lose.
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 24, 2015, 04:14:15 AM
@Eul: It's easy enough to explain away in the plot -- say the Mafia attempted to kill someone, but failed.

As a former Mafia player I like all of Sky's ideas. Anything to add more information and strategy to the game. I'm not a fan of zero-information Mafia. The citizens are weak enough as it is.

Oh, that makes sense  :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

PROLOGUE (DAY)

The first kill was Brian Towns. Poor guy. He had written an article about the mafia and they had gotten him back. Quite grisly, iffen you ask me. Had his own pen thrust though his neck. The detectives still have no idea who did it, they wore gloves. The station is now full of clicking typewriters, you can't get a word across. Higher security, higher tension. The mafia had arrived.

((Everyone will get their roles shortly))
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

Thank you so much for getting this up quickly, and nice intro. I have a few questions regarding the rules of this game before I get going!

1. Are there clues in the stories?
2. Are we allowed to change our vote?
3. Are we allowed to say which role we have? (I'm not implying that I have a role; it's in everyone's best interest if we know the answer to this question)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

I'll reveal the roles after your death; there are no clues in the prologue but there MIGHT be in the other parts; and you cannot change your vote. Sorry.

Here's some more storyline, simple stuff about the mafia. Do NOT jump to conclusions. This is just some fodder for your eager brains.  ;). There's also no clues.

Smoke curled around the room as the big cheese removed his cigar from his mouth. "Sounds like we have some more targets."

"Not exactly, boss, just some people that need to be removed," said one of the several men standing i the doorway. "Just a few... issues."

"Awright," said the man with the cigar. "Get the guys ready, as soon as we find out who exactly the people are, we strike tonight. I need information. Soon.

Skyblade

I like this recent story, too.

Thanks for answering my questions! Sounds good! So I just want to reiterate the rules, and PLEASE read this everyone. Catching the Mafia is hard enough; we want to make it as easy for ourselves as possible.

1. Be careful when you vote - you can't change it! Only do it when you're sure.
2. There MIGHT be clues in the stories, but don't depend on them. Other people's posts are gold for Mafia hunting.

Please, I really like this game, but not when people don't get along. We have to actually work as a team if we want to go farther.

If I had a role, I think I would be Town Encourager! :D

(And no, that's not really my role. I made it up right now :P)

Hickory

Cheerleader?

I'll make the storyline posts as the decisions are made. Expect round one to begin soon.

Hickory

ROUND 1 (NIGHT) HAS BEGUN

A dark night in a city of many secrets. Two shadowy figures creep down alleyways, tracking their prey. They will shoot to kill. Leave no survivors.

Sky and her friends, and her friends' friends, and probably some friends from their friends, stroll down a soon-to-close mall. Soren and a few of his friends look digusted at all the shopping ptions, but most of the others enjoy the trip. They buy, return and bargain. They play at the arcade a try out new outfits. They do not notice the shadowy figures dropping down onto the upper level and following them.

Sky checked her watch. "We should probably head out now, guys," she says. The others nod in agreement. The shadowy figures observe silently before heading to a different area of the mall.

Corn clutched her handbag. "Wow, soon-to-close malls are creepy."

Plugg laughed airily. "Not that creepy. It could be more creepy."

Soren scoffed. "I've been to crepy places and this is nowhere near it."

Jet looked up. "You sure?"

Gonff stared around. "Hmm."

In the lower levels, the shadowy figures approach a box marked DANGER: ELECTRIC DEVICE. They ignore the warning and, putting on gloves, open up the box. It has several switches, and one of the figures presses a button on a walkie talkie, alerting his comrades outside of the mall that they are ready. The other figure pulls out a flashlight with one hand, placing the other on the switches. "Five, four, three, two, one. Go." He pulls the switches and the entire mall plunges into darkness.

Wylder was shocke by the sudden change in lighting and sat down hard. "Soren? Gonff? Corn?"

"I'm here. Must've been a short circu-"

A scream pierced the darkness and the others heard a body slump to the floor. There was silence, before Jet cried, "Guys! I-I-I think Sky's dead!"

There was a longer silence until a penlight flicked on, held by rrrrr. He swept it around the empty space before finding Jet, kneeling next to Sky's body. A cracked ceramic flower pot is laying by her lifeless head, a single trickle of blood running from behind her ear.

ROUND 1 (NIGHT) IS OVER, WITH SKYBLADE MURDERED BY A FLOWER POT TO THE HEAD.

Gonff the Mousethief

:o. Well then...

I really don't know who could possibly be the Mafia. Do yall have any is ideas? Oh, and a well written interesting story Tibby!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Kitsune

It was a little suspicious that Jet was close to her... but also, Gonff was looking around, as if he was looking for something to use.

Skyblade

What the-?

Well. That happened. I wish I could help my fellow innocents track out the Mafia, but Sky's out. Do your best and keep calm and battle on. I believe in you, Town.

See ye guys.

Eulaliaaa!

But rrrr was the one with the penlight, as if he was prepared for this. Though I see what you mean, Plugg, about Jet and Gonff. I think I'll wait and see what others post, maybe there will be clues there.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Gonff the Mousethief

This may sound Mafia-ish, but Jet was by Sky, seeming as he could be the Nurse or Madia. Wylder also called out to a few people, making it seem like he didn't have anything to do, until he does.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Hickory

Sky, if you could put up the poll..

Hickory

This story does have some clues in it.

INTERMISSION (DAY)

The police had arrived quickly, and the body was removed silently and efficiently. Everyone was in shock, though some less then others. Jet and Plugg broke into sobs at odd moments,, while Soren, Wylder and Corn opted for the silent mourning. No one felt safe, no one felt secure. What kind of brutal world was this? They should've left town when they could.

Søren

It's not me, I'm leaning toward Jet.

I'm retired from the forum