Siege on the Mountain

Started by Cornflower MM, July 30, 2015, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

Maple had listened to the entire conversation, narrowing her eyes. She didn't like this Veiro... when Heather addressed her, she shrugged and picked up her machete, "I didn't meant to scare nobeast, tis their own fault they was scared o' me. An' my name's Maple, if it's any o' your business."
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Dannflower Reguba

"Just because she's painted up like a right tapestry don't mean you should treat her like one."

"Touchy touchy, only a fool would try to run in this situation, you feelin' okay?" He was, admittedly, surprised when Maple actually responded at all, much less actually giving some of the requested information.

"I didn't meant to scare nobeast, tis their own fault they was scared o' me. An' my name's Maple, if it's any o' your business."

Veiro had been having some second thoughts about the squirrel before him when her last words ground his thinking to a screeching halt. "if it's any o' yore business." He responded with a voice that was few steps away from a growl, "Those are Salamandastronian rations I smell, and you're totin' a weapon around the mountain with little regard for the beasts who live in it. So you'd better believe it's their business. On top of that, the beasts here are strong allies, and good friends of Southsward, and myself, making it entirely my business as well, so..." The squirrel stopped, sighed, and composed himself, "My sincere apologies Blackthorn, I should leave this to you and Heather. Especially seeing as how I've just arrived." He maintained his silence, though was still quite frustrated. It was bad enough seeing a beast that lacked decency both in manner, and in action. It was worse when it wasn't even a vermin, and worst when it turned out to be his own kind.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Eulaliaaa!

Maple turned to Veiro, her face pulled back in a sneer, "An' wot if I need these vittles more'n them, eh? 'Ow am I suppose to git fed? I was hungry!" She exclaimed. Did this creature not know? If they couldn't guard their vittles from being stolen, why was it wrong to take a little bit? Besides, he had no right to judge her for looking after herself. It's how she was still alive! And what was wrong with the way she looked? She looked quite well, if they were to ask her
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Dannflower Reguba

Veiro would've loved nothing more than to give this... thing, in front of him a good talking to; but he had given Blackthorn his silence, and he intended to keep it. Maintaining a straight, emotionless face in the midst of the onslaught was at least, easier, but his contempt and disgust internally was at a boil.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

Heather was surprised the Viero kept his tough but she was glad she didn't have to keep him from verbally assaulting Maple. "You could ask nicely, we would have been glad to give you what you needed. No need to brake in and steel our food, there is a verry fine functioning front door and a jolly good mess hall for those purposes, wot," Heather said. She was beginning to see where this squirrel was coming from and it wasn't all bad, just overly cautious and perhaps a little skewed morally but not bad.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jukka the Sling

Quietly Lora stepped back into the shadows, watching with lessened caution.  So this strange creature was actually a squirrel.  Odd.  Still, she was probably up to no good, so the gaunt squirrel stayed in the hall, watching the other beast as she was confronted by the others.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Eulaliaaa!

Maple pulled a face, "Ye'd have tried to kill me like de last group, I thought. They was a bunch a shrews who thought I were a vermin. Wot, is there somethin' wrong wid the way I look?" She asked, almost challenging Heather to say there was as she glared at her.

Delthion

OOC: Everything alright Corn? I didn't know where we were exactly, and the horde is 600 strong, I don't know of any other that attacked Salamandastron that was larger except Ungatt's, and perhaps the one other would be when Boar dies.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

The military hare glanced from one creature to the next a frown on his face. Chit chat wasn't his forte, and the back and forth banter irked him. Besides that it seemed the squirrel population in Salamandastron had grown considerably, and many of them were filling up the hall. While Blackthorn was hardly a biased creature he had never fully liked squirrels. The collection of color and breed in front of him was enough to drive his already blunt manner over the top.

"Alright chaps enough o' th' lip waggin' an' lets get back to th' hall wot. As for you young missy, surrender the pack, it jus' so happens that we will be needen all th' vittles we could get our paws on eh wot. Troops need to be a fed dont'cha know."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Delthion on September 24, 2015, 05:11:08 AM
OOC: Everything alright Corn? I didn't know where we were exactly, and the horde is 600 strong, I don't know of any other that attacked Salamandastron that was larger except Ungatt's, and perhaps the one other would be when Boar dies.

OOC:. . . . . . Nothing, it's just my own fault for not stating what time period this is in - Logically, no one would remember Trunn's horde, unless they're an avid scholar. Like I said, my fault. And, Sandy, would you mind toning the hare speech down just a bit?

BIC: After walking in random directions for another ten-ish minutes, Arya finally saw a knot of creatures. Striding up to them, she recognized that old fussy hare, and the other one, what was her name? Heather, that was it. "Hey! You two." Arya called. After she got a little closer, she saw that they'd captured the creature that had likely scared that mousemaid. "Oh, good, you captured the creature." She commented, then Arya turned to Heather, "Have you seen my brother?" She asked almost rudely, ignoring everyone else.

Faiyloe

"The creature's name is Maple and I believe he went that way, wot," Heather said pointing in the opposite direction from which Arya had come.

Elya stood to the side across the table from Degloc, leaning against the cabin wall, while she listened to him talk. He seemed to have an ego bigger than a tropical bird. "If yer Tact es second ta none den let us 'ear yer plan,"

OOC: I would say a siege is your best bet but a siege is boring and this is a RP so I'm not all that sure.

Cornflower MM

Arya glanced at Heather before running off again, "Thanks, and I care why?" Then she was off. Turning down the most likely passage, Arya collared a passing hare, "Hey! You seen another squirrel pass through here? A male one, scar on his face?" She demanded. "About two minutes ago." The hare replied gruffly.

Eulaliaaa!

Maple held the food pack closer to herself, "But I found it, tis mine! And I can't jus' go an' give yeh my food, I'd 'ave none for meself... an' why'd yeh need all these vittles? Yeh've got so many," she said, trying to understand why these creatures were being so rude if they were saying they weren't going to kill her. She had never been captured, only momentarily stopped in the middle of her escape. In fact, if she wanted to, she could have run off while they were arguing.

Faiyloe

"Here, hand over the vittles an' you can come to the mess and eat there, wot. And we need tha food because there is an approaching army and we might be in for a bally siege," Heather said

Delthion

"Harhar...my tactics are second to none, but I am training you lot to take over after me if such an sorrowful thing should happen. But if one of you tries to kill me! Then they shall be ended with much more ferocity and agony than did the previous captains."

OOC: Corn, that shouldn't matter, Ungatt would have passed from generation to generation by word of mouth, gradually getting more and more exaggerated.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.