News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Siege on the Mountain

Started by Cornflower MM, July 30, 2015, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Poor Mia, finding herself in this situation. :P

Mia cursed loudly when the beast escaped, so she put the broken ladle back in it's place and rubbed her stomach. She was hungry. She went to the mess hall, whistling nonchalantly and blissfully unaware of the whole situation.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Cornflower MM

Aiden grinned, saluted, and then turned and walked out of the mess. Arya ran after him after shooting the hares an insolent smirk. "Right, so which way from here?" She asked at a fork. Aiden shrugged. "You go right, I'll left," he offered.

LT Sandpaw

The three hares kept up a good pace rushing though the areas said vermin beast had been. They passed several other patrols each with no more news on whether the intruder had been found. Blackthorn began lagging behind huff away as age started to take its toll. Servy and Flugger slowed down so the senior hare could keep up.

"I say sah you gonna be kipper fer a duck n' weave if'n we find th' vermin?" Major Blackthorn blinked sucking in his stomach the hare glared daggers at the two youngsters in front of him.

"Fer me to worry over an' you to follow orders  private." He straightened sniffed leaning on his spear to regain his breath. "Now move out laddie buck." Flugger hefted his spear leading the way down the passage.

"Right sah, I'll show you this time sah. An' I ain't gonna faint this time sah." While running though the shadows Flugger was unaware that he was only a few paw lengths away from the hiding Maple.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Maple froze, drawing the cloak closer around herself and hoping she wasn't caught. The squirrel moved back farther into the shadows, accidentally hitting the injured part of her head on a rock. She bit her lip, trying not to make any sound.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

"Hm."
  Elmeath looked at Argunath curiously. "What is it?"
  The cougar pointed back down the hall at the retreating forms of some hares. "They had weapons; wouldn't think they would be rushing around the inside of the mountain at this time with weapons."
  Highear coughed as he hurried in front of them. "H'if there's a problem that I haven't been alerted to, then they can handle it, wot? Mess's right 'ere anyway, sah and madame."
  Argunath knew that as soon as he and Elmeath stepped into the room, there would be more gawking and undoubtedly some rather surprised hares. Sighing, he ducked his head so he could enter the room.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Skyblade

Mystery, who had already introduced herself, approached Rade. "What do you think of this place, fellow?"

(OOC: Is it ok if the badger comes now?) It was then that Skyre walked into the mess hall, trying to at least appear confident. She looked around nervously. Where do I start?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

rrrrr

"Pretty interesting, mate, too much stone for my liking though." It was then that he saw Skyre walking in, looking all too confident. "Do you know her?" he asked Mystery.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Lady Amber

Arrin looked up as the badger walked into the large room. He hadn't seen many badgers in his life time, and he hated to admit it, but their tall stature made him rather uneasy and nervous, possibly even scared, around them. He knew it was dumb of him, and tried to act nonchalant and unconcerned.

Eulaliaaa!

Maple decided to make a run for it. She darted from the shadows and raced down the hall, hoping to make it to an entrance before the hares caught up with her. She would be able to scale down the mountain (she was a squirrel after all, she could beat a few hares) and make it to the forest.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

"I say sah I caught th' blighter wot, whoop." Flugger reached out a paw to snag the back of Maple's tunic only to trip and fall rolling across the floor. Servy leapt over him aiming her spear at the retreating squirrel's back.

"I c'n pin 'im fr'm 'ere Major sah, just give the order wot!"

"Hold hard Captain, that chap is a gel an' a squirrel wot. Our own bushy-tailed creatures are down that'aways an' they'll round 'er off. Even if'n they don' snatch 'er we got chaps at all th' entrances. We'll push up this way n' trap 'er in a pincer movement wot." Collecting the fallen Flugger the two officers pursued the fleeing Maple at a more sedate pace. They held their spears like quarter staves ready to fend off a sudden attack. They even probed the shadows with the haft making sure the elusive squirrel didn't double back.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Maple continued her mad dash up a hallway. Yes, she would make it. Just a little farther... She skid to a halt when she saw that the exit was blocked. Sinking quickly back into the shadows, she quietly made her way back. Another exit would have to work.

Lady Ashenwyte

Mia walked up to a hare and tapped his shoulder. "There's a beast in this mountain, and it seems to be dangerous. I have injured it though, so maybe it will die from them." Mia said and turned to walk to the mess hall.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Cornflower MM

Aiden had started randomly taking different passages from the left fork, his sword loosened in the sheath. Looking down a new passage, he saw a squirrel running down the hallway towards him, and it wasn't Arya. Quickly stepping back, he waited for it to come close enough to question.

Jukka the Sling

Lora had been sitting alone at a small table munching at a wheatfarl spread with greensap butter.  This place was very unfamiliar for her - a bit intimidating, in fact - and she wondered briefly if she should have come at all.  No.  They need help, she told herself briefly.

It was at this moment that she overheard something about vermin being loose in the mountain.  After the hares had left on the hunt, Lora got up, readying her weapons.  She'd do better solo.

The squirrel set off into the sparsely lit tunnels, hearing the echoes of the other hares at every turn.  She quietly followed the sounds just to get the general direction of where the quarry was.  Finally, she caught a glimpse of a strange figure up ahead of her.

Padding silently, she sneaked closer...
--------------------------------------------
Bridget was enjoying her food as much as any other hare (meaning, she ate a whole lot of it), but she was far more civilized than the others and ate with perfect manners.  She rolled her eyes at the antics of the other hares.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien