News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Something Random About Yourself.

Started by Nightfire, September 22, 2011, 03:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 02, 2014, 05:47:22 PM
  Wow!  Congrats!  I know maybe two people who actually made it through the Silmarillion, and they said it was rather hard to read.  I myself got stuck on Return of the King, and I still haven't been able to finish that book.  It's quite a hard series for me to read, for some reason.  :P

Thanks! In my opinion there is no author greater then J.R.R Tolkien.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Delthion on August 02, 2014, 08:40:02 PM
  Wow!  Congrats!  I know maybe two people who actually made it through the Silmarillion, and they said it was rather hard to read.  I myself got stuck on Return of the King, and I still haven't been able to finish that book.  It's quite a hard series for me to read, for some reason.  :P

Yes, he is quite amazing, it's just that I was of the age where I wasn't all that interested in reading books with large and confusing words.  Now, I'd probably be quite interested in the series, I just haven't tried reading it again.  I do love the Hobbit, though.  That one's really good.

Random fact:  I just ate cheese, crackers, and tuna, the meal being accompanied by a cherry Coke.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

What about Brian Jacques? ;D

Random fact: I just spent the last four hours hauling scrap metal.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

yup Love the books I Read all of the Hobbit and The LOTR trilogy plus I am in the middle of reading the Silmarillion. I find it fascinating but really I don't have very much time to read so that is what is taking me so long.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rusvul

Random fact: I'm going to build a Bond villain base in Minecraft. And use a golden desert eagle. And get the closest thing I can to a white cat. And menace everyone on the server with an uzi.

I love modpacks.

Delthion

Quote from: The Skarzs on August 02, 2014, 09:42:21 PM

What about Brian Jacques? ;D

Brian Jaques is a great author, but no one can make his story come alive and want you to be there as much as Tolkien can.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Skarzs

Revive.

I tried out unicycling. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

I can sign the entirety of Silent Night.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ungatt Trunn

I'm the 2nd fastest person in my group of friends.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Rusvul

My new computer will have a pretty good i7, a 750 Ti, and an SSD. A bunch of ram, too, 16 gigs I think. Super excited!

Maudie

When I speak in real life, I am extremely random. I can't stay on one subject for more than two minutes, unless the other person keeps trying to change the subject.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

:P Now I want to meet you to experience that. . .

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 21, 2014, 05:53:19 AM
My new computer will have a pretty good i7, a 750 Ti, and an SSD. A bunch of ram, too, 16 gigs I think. Super excited!
To quote a friend of mine. . . "WHO NEEDS 16 GIGS OF RAM?!" My brother needs the 16G for rendering stuff he designs on the computer, but unless you're doing something like that it's not necessary.

I am going to make a fillet knife that has a handle carved like a fish.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Photoshop can cause lag. Minecraft is quite dependent on RAM. Hosting game servers requires a fair amount, as well. More if you want to play on the server while hosting it. Regardless, I don't remember if I have 8G or 16G... I suppose I could put more in whenever I want. My computer has enough slots for 64G if I only use 16G RAM sticks... But 64G is completely unnecessary :P