Who is the best wielder of Martin's sword?

Started by Muse, September 22, 2011, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the best wielder of Martin's sword?

Martin
Martin II
Luke
Badrang
Deadbrush
Matthias
Mattimeo
Samkin
Mokkan
Rakkety Tam
Bragoon
Sister Armel
Triss
Dandin
Dannflor
King Bull Sparra
Asmodeus
Arven
Vizka Longtooth
Magger
Deyna

Melody

Quote from: ilovemariel on January 18, 2012, 11:45:25 AM
Quote from: Nightfire on September 23, 2011, 06:07:59 PM
Martin the Warrioir, obviously. It WAS his sword, after all. Second best would be Luke, because he was the first wielder of the Sword, as far as we know.

Martin was not exactly the first wielder of the sword, maybe the badger lords repaired it, but that does not mean it was made for him.
Luke, his father, passed it down to him, just like his grandpa had to his father, great grand sire to his grand father... ??? :-\

Still he was the best wielder.

Bragoon

Actually, that's incorrect.  Martin was given a sword by his father, who had gotten it from his father, and was later broken by Tsarmina.  However, the sword of Martin used by many creatures is an entirely new one, made for him by Boar the Fighter.  Or at very least the blade is entirely new, Boar may have used Martin's old hilt, I can't remember.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Bragoon on January 18, 2012, 05:55:41 PM
Actually, that's incorrect.  Martin was given a sword by his father, who had gotten it from his father, and was later broken by Tsarmina.  However, the sword of Martin used by many creatures is an entirely new one, made for him by Boar the Fighter.  Or at very least the blade is entirely new, Boar may have used Martin's old hilt, I can't remember.

Yeah, Boar used the same hilt, as it says in Mossflower.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Bragoon

Ah, thanks.  I couldn't remember for sure, it's been a few months since I read Mossflower. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Melody

I'm going to read mossflower pretty soon after I finish rogue crew.

mahoney49733

Martin the Warrioir, obviously. It WAS his sword, after all. Second best would be Luke, because he was the first wielder of the Sword, as far as we know.
Actually, Luke's unnamed father had the sword before him, and even before that Luke's grandfather Martin the Elder Warrior was the first holder of the sword.

Ciaran Galedeep

Quote from: Lily on September 23, 2011, 02:33:00 PM
I chose Martin - the sword was made for him, after all! I also chose Rakkety Tam, purely because I like him. He also had some skill with a sword beforehand, which gives him more points in my book. I like him because he wasn't one of those beasts who picked up the sword and almost magically gained master swordsmanship powers.
for that same reason i picked Deyna and Martin. Both were highly experienced in bladeplay and unlike so many other characters (like our dear Matthias) had grown up using weapon as part of their livelihood. we know the story of martins youth from the TLOL and MTW, at an age when most of our redwall champions were still being taught in abbyschool. also Tagg (or Deyna)was taught from the start to be a ruthless efficient fighter, so much so in fact that he didn't even have to kill as he could disarm and immobilize an opponent before. as for many of the vermin, look at then experienced corsairs and warlords, usually beaten by much younger and inexperienced fighters.

MatthiasMan

I think Matthias was a good wielder. He even didn't kill Cluny. The bell did.

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Shadowed One

Quote from: mahoney49733 on March 29, 2012, 11:01:05 PM
Actually, Luke's unnamed father had the sword before him, and even before that Luke's grandfather Martin the Elder Warrior was the first holder of the sword.
Martin the Elder Warrior was Luke's FATHER and Martin's grandfather.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ajc3000fox

I chose both Martins and Rackety tam. Luke would have qualified but in technicality we really didn't seem him use the sword that often, and it was Luke's sword at that point.
"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries

CrazyPug37

I'm suprised that Clarinna isn't on here, because she actually did wield the sword once.

Asmodeus shouldn't be on the list, as he had the sword for a while, but never used it, as he never had hands.

King Bull Sparra also never used it as well.

Martin and Matthias both used the sword well, as did Dandin.

South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Orinoco

Badrang! Because Badrang pwns (excuse the internet terminology). ;)
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young