"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Paris Attacks

Started by LT Sandpaw, November 15, 2015, 10:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on November 16, 2015, 04:23:39 PM
Quote from: LT Sandpaw on November 16, 2015, 03:51:31 PM
Muslim's are encouraged by their leaders to take to the streets, and vent their disgust at the ISIS attack. It isn't the religion that is horrible, its the terrorists that are horrible.
Maybe, but I do think it's... interesting that you don't find any other religion doing this stuff on this scale.  (I'm definitely not saying that all Muslims are terrorists; please don't read that into what I said.)  Just an observation.

Maybe you haven't heard of them, but there's a Christian terrorist organisation in Ireland called the IRA. They're reportedly very brutal and violent.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Vilu Daskar

They only say they're Christians. If they were actually Christians the organization wouldn't exist.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jetthebinturong

Muslims say the same of ISIS and suchlike. If you say that the IRA aren't Christians, you must also say that the IS are not Muslims, otherwise it's a double standard.

Vilu Daskar

I haven't read the Koran and all I know about ISIS is that they are killing people and trying to make their own country so I wont say that.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 16, 2015, 05:50:53 PM
Muslim's are encouraged by their leaders to take to the streets, and vent their disgust at the ISIS attack. It isn't the religion that is horrible, its the terrorists that are horrible.
Maybe, but I do think it's... interesting that you don't find any other religion doing this stuff on this scale.  (I'm definitely not saying that all Muslims are terrorists; please don't read that into what I said.)  Just an observation.

Maybe you haven't heard of them, but there's a Christian terrorist organisation in Ireland called the IRA. They're reportedly very brutal and violent.

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 16, 2015, 05:57:43 PM
Muslims say the same of ISIS and suchlike. If you say that the IRA aren't Christians, you must also say that the IS are not Muslims, otherwise it's a double standard.

No one said there aren't radical groups of terrorists from all beliefs, including Christians, Muslims, and Atheists. All Jukka was saying was that Muslims particularly the Islamic state have preformed more, and larger scale terrorist attacks.

We are not refraining to Muslim's alone, but simply to terrorists.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

I was talking specifically to Vilu with that second post.

rachel25

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 16, 2015, 05:50:53 PM
Maybe, but I do think it's... interesting that you don't find any other religion doing this stuff on this scale.  (I'm definitely not saying that all Muslims are terrorists; please don't read that into what I said.)  Just an observation.

The IRA are vicious. I can't so who, but my family know someone who worked under cover in Ireland some years ago fighting the IRA. He was very brave.
And IS actually believe something completely different to normal Muslims. They have a completely different Bible (for lack of a better word) to the Muslims. But back to what this topic is about, remembering those he died in France.

BadgerLordFiredrake

QuotePeople want to lead a peaceful lives. The terrorists are short-sighted, and this is one of the causes of rampant suicide bombings. We cannot solve this problem only through prayers. I am a Buddhist and I believe in praying. But humans have created this problem, and now we are asking God to solve it. It is illogical. God would say, solve it yourself because you created it in the first place.
We need a systematic approach to foster humanistic values, of oneness and harmony. If we start doing it now, there is hope that this century will be different from the previous one. It is in everybody's interest. So let us work for peace within our families and society, and not expect help from God, Buddha or the governments.
Dalai Lama
baby turtle forever

Jukka the Sling

@Jet:  I agree with what Vilu said about the IRA.  See, the so-called Christians who are part of the IRA aren't fighting a religious war based on their beliefs, but the terrorists are, and that's what sets them apart.

@Rachel:  Where did you hear that about the extremists?  As far as I know, they use the same Koran the "moderate" Muslims use.

@Firedrake:  Interesting.  But even if we tried to make peace with the extremists, they wouldn't want it.  What they're after is worldwide domination. :(
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Guys it's Qur'an, come on.

Since the IRA want people of other religions to be prevented from interfering with Irish affairs, I'd say that they are very much fighting for their beliefs.

The KKK is also a predominantly Christian organisation. You cannot pretend that Muslims have the only terrorists, that's just disingenuous.

On that subject, why the quotation marks Jukka? Only six percent of Muslims are terrorists you know, the majority are content to live in peace.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on November 17, 2015, 07:04:25 PM@Firedrake:  Interesting.  But even if we tried to make peace with the extremists, they wouldn't want it.  What they're after is worldwide domination. :(
The question is - why are they doing it in the first place?

The answer?
Most likely highly misguided beliefs.

That's what the quote is about.
baby turtle forever

Blaggut

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 16, 2015, 04:27:33 PM
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 16, 2015, 03:38:13 AM
The IS and groups like them believe it their God-given duty to kill all non-Muslims because of a part of their scripture about Jihad. They're utterly insane.
And that is why they are some of the few humans who can truly be called evil.

This is a. . . not good thing to come back to after two day's absence in the wilderness. My prayers are with the people in Europe.

every single time i come back from a long camping trip i find the whole world has changed since i left. last time i came back to bill o reilly scandals, hillary clinton scandals, and gay marriage being legalized. not that i think gay marriage is bad, being bi. funny how we never realize how fast things change xD
~Just a soft space boi~

LT Sandpaw

I have the same question Jukka, I have friends who are Muslim and they are some of the most honorable, and respectful people I know. I've talked to them recently and they are disgusted by the recent attacks on Russia, and France. They went so far as to say they are ashamed of the bad light it reflects on them.

Overseas the Kurdish are fighting a war for survival against the Islamic state, and many have been slaughtered for their differing beliefs.

@Blaggut, I know right ;D

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Blaggut

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 17, 2015, 07:14:39 PM

Since the IRA want people of other religions to be prevented from interfering with Irish affairs, I'd say that they are very much fighting for their beliefs.

The KKK is also a predominantly Christian organisation. You cannot pretend that Muslims have the only terrorists, that's just disingenuous.

On that subject, why the quotation marks Jukka? Only six percent of Muslims are terrorists you know, the majority are content to live in peace.

if they are content to live in peace they aren't following their religion. though n one really is these  days lol. the qur'an says stone women for minor things, stone gays, stone infidels. i agree that every religion has radical terororists (though muslim terrorists aren't exactly radical, just orthodox), being medieval crusaders, violent african tribes, the KKK, surprisingly many buddhist monks, ISIS, etc etc

edit: sorry about bad grammar using different computer
~Just a soft space boi~

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 17, 2015, 07:14:39 PM

Never seen it spelled like that, I think it's a British spelling.

I don't think either of us said Muslims are the only ones with terrorists.