News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Star Wars Randomness

Started by Jukka the Sling, December 28, 2015, 08:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Pretty sure Jyn gets with the guy in Soren's profile pic.

Unnecessary romance is forced into literally every movie nowadays. #Tauriel.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

Hm, I know some people are shipping Jyn and Cassian, but I thought that was more of a fan construct based on their movie friendship.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 17, 2016, 04:17:48 PM
Hm, I know some people are shipping Jyn and Cassian, but I thought that was more of a fan construct based on their movie friendship.

Yeah, you're right on that one.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

Was there any romance, then?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

Well, it showed a Jyn's mom and dad, but no kissing I believe. Besides that, I don't remember any other kind of romance.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Jukka the Sling

O_O

That's interesting.  In Common Sense Media's review, they claimed there was obvious attraction going on and a climactic kiss.  I wonder if they somehow got mixed up with some other movie. :P

Søren

There was not one single kiss. There was a climactic hug ( @Gonff the Mousethief was that a hug or just them standing close to each other?) and hand hold though. But almost totally devoid of romance. Jyn and Cassian are only friends.
There was more war violence than TFA, obviously. But not as much or as graphic as Winter Soldier.
After reading PluggedIn's review, I think it's accurate..

I'm retired from the forum

Jukka the Sling

Okay.  Thanks.  Now I'm really wondering what Common Sense Media was thinking. :P

Søren

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 17, 2016, 11:41:10 PM
Okay.  Thanks.  Now I'm really wondering what Common Sense Media was thinking. :P
Dare I say that they...*giggle*... don't have common sense?

I'm retired from the forum

Jukka the Sling

AHAHAHAHAHA

*ahem*

Their age recommendations are often way off, which makes me wonder if any of them have kids of their own.

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Søren on December 17, 2016, 08:48:31 PM
There was not one single kiss. There was a climactic hug ( @Gonff the Mousethief was that a hug or just them standing close to each other?) and hand hold though. But almost totally devoid of romance. Jyn and Cassian are only friends.
There was more war violence than TFA, obviously. But not as much or as graphic as Winter Soldier.
After reading PluggedIn's review, I think it's accurate..

I guess it was a hug, but more of a happy hug more than romantic.

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 18, 2016, 01:09:30 AM
AHAHAHAHAHA

*ahem*

Their age recommendations are often way off, which makes me wonder if any of them have kids of their own.

I doubt it, because if they had kids they would most like base a lot of their opinions on what they thought best for their kid. Plus it's probably just some guy who like to watch stuff first anyway.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

The Skarzs

Like so many other "reviewers". :P Just some person living in their parents' basement who doesn't spend their time on something more productive. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Finn/Rey edit I just finished slaving over and am by now 10000% done with.  I'm largely happy with how it turned out, though.  Lyrics are taken from Owl City's Speed of Love, with one word altered.

Jukka the Sling

Spoilery piece of Rogue One fanart I really like (it's been a couple months since the movie's release, but I'm still putting it in a spoiler)

[close]

A few random funnies

Some Rogue One spoilers

[close]
[close]

Firehawke

Those are great!!!

Did you hear that they started filming the Han Solo movie?!?!?
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!