Who do you support?

Dogs
11 (44%)
Demons a.k.a. Cats
14 (56%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Skarzs on December 23, 2016, 03:28:45 AM
What if you had a trained, pet cougar? I don't think anyone would mess with you.

Are you crazy, Skar? A cougar as a pet? Do you know how much that would suck for the cougar?

The Skarzs

Yes. :P And I wouldn't do it, I was just saying it as theory.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Skarzs on December 23, 2016, 03:28:45 AM
What if you had a trained, pet cougar? I don't think anyone would mess with you.

It'd be like having a cougar in the zoo. And I'm sure they are trainable, people train tigers and lions all the time. Still cats can care less about their owners, and if you have a big cat trained up enough so that it doesn't eat you and your family, it wouldn't protect you from attackers or burglars either.

Also, dogs are pack animals and they actually make strong connections with their owners, so they will usually defend their masters to the death. And even smaller dogs will provide warnings, for every squirrel that enters the lawn, but still...

You'd be better off with a guard dog.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

That's the problem I have with dogs, the fact that we've conditioned them to have "masters." I don't like that at all. We don't control cats, we're friends with them.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Jet the binturong on December 23, 2016, 09:15:58 PM
That's the problem I have with dogs, the fact that we've conditioned them to have "masters." I don't like that at all. We don't control cats, we're friends with them.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

That being said we aren't friends with cats, they just tolerate us enough to allow us to feed them. ;)

Also we didn't condition dogs to have a master, humans simply take on the role of alpha dog.

Jetthebinturong

Not really. Ancient dogs would not have accepted humans as alphas. Besides dog-owners and alpha dogs have completely different functions.

LT Sandpaw

And you know this because time machine?

Jetthebinturong

I assume this because common sense. Wolves either share a common ancestor of the dog or dogs evolved from wolves. Wolves do not like humans, therefore ancient dogs would not like humans.

LT Sandpaw

If you take any adult wild animal in, dog or otherwise, it doesn't typically like humans. But if you take a wild wolf pup at a very young age and train it, you can make it recognize you as its master. Sure it wouldn't be as domesticated as a dog, but it would still consider you the alpha.

Same with most other animals actually.

Grond

Quote from: Jet the binturong on December 23, 2016, 09:15:58 PM

Cats are the only domestic animal that hasn't been fully domesticated. That is also why it is fairly common to hear that a person got scratched, bitten or attacked by their pet cat. It happens far more often than people getting bitten, scratched, kicked or in generally attacked by their pet dog, horse, etc...Its also interesting to note that if you look at dogs which bite the most and which kill or seriously injure people the most its different breeds. Small dog breeds tend to bite far more often that big ones. But the bite from a big one is a lot more damaging and has a much greater potential of being fatal. By the same token since domestic cats are small compared to humans a scratch from one isn't going to be serious or fatal in the majority of cases, hence cats aren't considered a dangerous pet. However this is also why owning big cats is particularly dangerous, if a tiger or lion scratches you even once that's a trip to the ER or morgue.

Tungro

Quote from: Delthion on February 22, 2016, 05:08:34 AM
Foolish Cat lovers. The cats have taken you to their side. Don't you know that they are working with the DDBs for ultimate control of the world? So far the DDBs influence has extended only to this forum. But they are working with the cats to extend their grasp so that they may take over the world. Cats are using their young to try and lull mankind into a false sense of security before they spring their trap and destroy everything that you and I hold dear.

But take heart! There are a few of us that work, in the shadows, to prevent a DDB infestation, every set back though, has been caused by the destruction of cats. One of the wars came to a climax, and we were forced to send the Saber-Tooth Tiger to its extinction. But knowing the toll cats would have taken on our world, we knew that it was necessary that we destroyed them.
Hear, hear!

The Skarzs

I'm going to call you Dr. Frankenstein for reviving these dead threads.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jarky Thistlebrush

The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tungro