News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Cellars Election: 2016

Started by Søren, June 08, 2016, 06:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for Cellar President!

Ashleg (VP: Groddil)
Sweet Cloggo (VP: Plugg Firetail)

Søren

Alright everyone, as outgoing President, it's my responsibility to make this topic. You've been hyped. You know who they are. Now the day has finally arrived to prepare to vote for your next President.
Please submit your formal application. Poll will go up at 2pm Eastern American time, Friday the 10th of June.
 Application
Name:
Party:
Slogan:
Campaign Manager:
[close]
Vice president will be the runner up.

I'm retired from the forum

Lord Daskar

This is for the candidates?

Name: Lord Daskar
Party: The Royal Party
Slogan: VOTE DASKAR!
Campaign Manager: Lord Daskar.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

LT Sandpaw

As Ashleg's Campaign manager and seeing as the he is currently on vacation the duty falls to me to sign him up. I represent Ashleg in the following proceedings until he returns.

Name: Ashleg
Party: Horde Party
Slogan: After Fire Comes Ashes, Feel the Burn! Vote Ashleg 2016!
Campaign Manager: Lieutenant Sandpaw

Also I do believe that all the potential presidents have promised the position of vice president to one of their supporters. I request that the policy of runner up being Vice President be changed. Can I get any one of the other Presidential nominees to second me on this?

Ashleg's chosen vice president for the Horde Party, should he win, will be Groddil.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Søren

@Lord Daskar Correct, this is an easy way to make sure we have the complete list prior to the voting.
@LT Sandpaw The policy was established by The Founder herself, @Banya last year. It will stand this year as well, unless Banya decides otherwise. The winner of this year's election can change it if they want, after they win, with her permission.

Wylder Treejumper

Name: Captain Tramun Josiah Cuttlefish Clogg
Party: Cellar Captain Party
Slogan: Clogg4King 2016!
Campaign Manager: Wylder Treejumper

On behalf of cellar dwellers everywhere, I hereby nominate Sweet Cloggo for Cellars President. Make the cellars a crazier place, vote Cap'n Clogg!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Banya

A note from the Founder:

The 2015 method of determining the Vice President was established because of a lack of interest regarding the position. That is to say, going in to the elections, each of the four candidates had a campaign manager and a strong support network. The citizens who remained unaffiliated with a running party were active in other ways, notably reporting election events through the media and following the campaign trails closely. Therefore, the Vice President was the election runner-up; as he was the candidate who was supported second-most by the Cellars population, he would assume the title of Cellars President in the case the formally elected president became inactive. I support the idea of a President running with a Vice President of their choosing if this is desired by the people. Should this system be adopted, the President and Vice President are to run together; as on an official ballot, the names of the President and Vice President will be listed side-by-side on the poll. However, with this coming so late into the election process, this can now only be done if every one of the candidates (or their campaign manager) can submit the name of their party's Vice Presidential candidate by the time their names are placed on the official poll. Note that this can both help and harm a candidate's campaign. If the candidates do not offer a Vice President to run alongside them, we will retain the current election process and may, at the conclusion of the election, opt to change the process for the 2017 Cellars Presidential election cycle.

I strongly encourage every citizen voting to review the campaign threads of each candidate thoroughly. Best wishes to all.

Lord Daskar

Now you want a vice president too, so much work goes into this.

I believe the last person I offered the vice-presidency to was Cornflower since she voted for me in something related to this. She still has accepted of rejected it, @Cornflower MM.

Cheerful

Cornflower MM

Yeeeaaahhhhh. . .   . . .

Oh why not. ON ONE CONDITION: I'll do it only if no one else will.

Lord Daskar

Cheerful

Søren

Groddil

@Tam and Martin:

and I THINK

@Delthion:

were also running.

Also, crappycloggz

@Wylder Treejumper:

Has to name a vice president for "Clogg"

I wonder who that'll be

Søren

Alright guys, the Election is starting tonight or tomorrow.
@Delthion @Tam and Martin @Wylder Treejumper Because of expressed interest, I'm including you two despite your lack of submission sheet.

Wylder Treejumper

For the Cellar Captain's Party ticket, the nominee for Vice President is: Captain Plugg Firetail! Freebooter by trade and nature, Cap'n Plugg was liked by all and sundry prior to an unfortunate accident where he disappeared during a treasure hunt, he has since returned and will be running as Sweet Cloggo's VP.

VOTE CLOGG 4 KING 2016!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Søren

James Gryphon

I think Wylder meant the real Plugg Firetail, from the book. Not Kit (who was never "Plugg Firetail" anyway -- he was "PluggFiretail").
« Subject to editing »