News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Homecoming Game & Dance

Started by Hickory, September 25, 2016, 06:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

The sun casts a rose hued glow over the earth as the yellow school bus crushes over the parking lot gravel into the school grounds. The group of students piles off and spreads out across the concrete sidewalk outside the school doors. The tiled halls are brightly lit, yet empty of the usual rush of students and teachers. A few of the main rooms are labeled: one was the drink room and had two of each: punch bowls, lemonade pitchers, and the lack of coffee that teachers insisted would stunt your growth.

After once-overing the food room (crackers!) the students flooded into the brightly lit gym. A rave this ain't. The janitor loudly sets up the "disco ball" as the students stand around awkwardly. "Umm," remarks Soren.

"This is boring!" grins Del, who grabs Rosie by the arm. With a point of his finger, the disco ball is the center for a wormhole that consumes the students, but not the gym. Or the janitor. Wondering what their fate is (and if this is death), the students are unwittingly sucked into a world of legitimate disco balls, rousing football games, ships, and endless wonder...

The disco ball table is gone, replaced by the entrance to a huge football stadium. "GRANT STADIUM" it reads in huge letters. A handsome junior is selling tickets by the gate, a tawny cat acting as his scarf. "She won't bite," he says as customers pet Tsarmina.

Wrapped around the underside of the bleachers is the homecoming party itself - ringed with food stands and drink coolers, students mill about the area, some settling down in the huge blanket covered swaths of grass set a little ways out from the bleachers. Lamps light up the cobblestone pathway leading out from the school, right now a shadowy shape in the starry night. Carriages are lined up for the late night migration as students will eventually leave the stadium for home.

A huge dance floor has been set up underneath a nearby tree canopy. The wooden trunks are illuminated in warm light, with the DJ behind a two trees supporting a fallen log. The slightly foreboding woods behind him are ignored, which they aren't happy with...

Some students have gone into the stadium, which is hosting the Salamandastron Hares, attaching your home team, the MacBurl Squirrels. Maybe with a little cheering, your team will pull back and make the win. Either way, this night promises to be filled with food, games, and dancing, with whatever spice your imagination chooses to add.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Cornflower MM

*Runs up to DJ Booth* I'll start the music while I wait for my date!
*Can't find a good starting song*

Gonff the Mousethief

*Dashes to corner and huddles up*
Ah, this should be good.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Cornflower MM

Hey Gonff! *Waves* Do you have a song you'd like to listen to?

Groddil

* Groddil sits next to Gonff while wearing a $10 tuxedo from Vinnies.

"'ello."

Gonff the Mousethief

How about Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson. Haven't heard that one in a while.

*Turns to Groddil*

Why hello there...
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Cornflower MM

Aimless Gallivanter

*rolls up on a skateboard wearing shades and my suit*
*does a kickflip and lands next to Peony*
Wanna dance?
im gay!!!!!!

Dotti Dillworthy

*suddenly leaps up in front of everyone*
Hey, everybody, let's tanzen!

Jetthebinturong

You're not the DJ, Dotti. If you want to play a song, you'll have to make a request. And since Gonff requested something like three posts ago, it'll have to wait.

* Jet the binturong sits by the buffet table, reading.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Gonff the Mousethief

She was just showing a dance Jet, nit putting a song.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

Groddil

Aimless Gallivanter

you didnt ask anyone?? all of these great people and you asked no one??
im gay!!!!!!

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan