News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Phobias

Started by Matthias720, October 27, 2011, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Luftwaffles

You know? I have a completely irrational fear for... lo and behold... loud noises. I mean, if you are playing music, that's fine, if you are shooting your guns -and I'm aware of the fact- that's fine, but if a loud noise comes all the sudden and without notice, then it is guaranteed that I will freak out about it.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Cornflower MM

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on March 17, 2015, 08:35:55 PM

Some are dangerous but otherwise I'm fine with them, I've held a few tarantula's too but this isn't me.

The ones around here are uncommon but fearless,

*Screams and runs*

Ahem. I'm fine with spiders until they're close or they're huge. As seen above. I'm also scared stiff of ticks, all bug faces, and heights. Loud noises do scare me a little, too, but not that badly. I usually just jump a mile, and then freeze for a few seconds after a lopud noise. (Unlss it's something like fireworks going off right by my freaking window. [Thank you, neighbours!] Then I'm reduced tro a very soggy puddle.)

The Skarzs

Sounds thrilling.

I have a fear of getting fat, something like "pocrescophobia" or near that. I also have a bit of a fear of drowning. . . kinda ironic since I'm a scuba diver. :P (Full horror/comedy story about my training course in Outdoor Adventures topic.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Mhera

I'm afraid of getting some horrible sickness like cancer or flesh-eating parasites. Just the thought of sitting around while wasting away hoping treatment works is...*shudders*. Spiders are also scary, but they don't freak me out like they used to. Tornadoes too; my family has seen some sticky tornadoes and though we personally never sustained damage from them we've come too close for comfort. Seeing former hometowns destroyed by them doesn't help either.

Wylder Treejumper

I don't have any real big fears. Well, except maybe a fear of girls, but that is not a phobia because it is totally rational.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Mhera

Fear us. Especially in GvG.

Wylder Treejumper

Ha! I don't fear to oppose you. I fear you when you are friendly...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Mhera

That's actually really smart.

Wylder Treejumper

How do you think I've survived this long?
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Mhera

Wylder Treejumper

No. By being suspicious. Always suspicious...

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Mask

I've learnt something Wylder. Don't question the sanity of girls, it's pointless.

I don't really have a fear of anything except the sea (you would too if the beaches nearest to you were full of deadly jellyfish,crocodiles, cone shells and great whites ;) ).
I've been bitten by a spider, confronted by one of the most deadly snakes in the world and flown in aeroplanes more times than I care to remember. So yeah ;) I should mention, I've also wanted to be bitten by a non-toxic snake to see what it feels like.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

The Skarzs

It's like having a couple of needles poked into your skin.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Fair enough, needles don't scare me (much. ;D). I have a fear of being alone in elevators. And since my lift has mirrors on the door, it's scarier.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.