The Battle for the Diamond in the Gorge

Started by Leatho Shellhound, February 14, 2013, 05:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

Bexor descended the ladder slowly for he was not the fondest of hights either. He went down and down until he met with Cythera and commented dryly "Isn't this fun ole' gel!"

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Leatho Shellhound

Sol was the last to climb down, being an expert mountain climber she descended with ease.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

David and Adam had been traveling for just under a season now, searching for adventure.  They were just south of the abyss, but they did not know that fact.  Yet.
  Adam was whistling a tune as they walked side by side.  David looked at the wildcat, asking, "Wot song might that be?"
  "I dunno, I think my mother used to sing it to me when I was a kit," Adam answered, shrugging slightly.  "It's just a catchy tune."
  "So it is," David agreed, starting to hum it.  A few minutes later, both of them were singing the song together.  Unfortunately, neither of them knew the words, so it sounded something like this:

"Da da da!
  La de da!
  Da da da da da!"

They sang that for a bit before stopping from lack of breath, due to laughing too hard.
  "We must sound ridiculous!" Adam exclaimed, wiping tears of laughter from his eyes.
  "Oh yeah, definitely," David agreed, chuckling and clutching his sides.  They were aching from the laughter.
  That was when Adam fell down into the abyss.  "AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"
  David was on his stomach in an instant, reaching out to grab Adam.  Fortunately, he managed to catch the back of the wildcat's tunic.  "I've got ya, mate!"
  "I can see that, but can you get me back up?  I don't like heights!"  Adam's voice was quavering with fright as he stared down into the blackness.
  David slowly pulled Adam back onto the ledge, glad that the wildcat was much lighter than him.
  Adam shuddered and shivered, looking rather pale.
  "You alright, Adam?" David asked, his heart pounding.
  "Yeah, I think so," Adam replied.  "Just a little shaken up, that's all."
  Adam's ear twitched as he sat there.  Then it twitched again.  Was that talking he could hear?  He looked to the other side of the gorge, seeing a few beasts climbing down into the abyss.  What were they doing that for?
  Adam tapped David's shoulder and pointed at them, watching the last beast go down.  Both the wildcat and the squirrel stood up, making their way slowly over to the ladder.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

cregga rose eyes

Cythera smiled at the hare. "Sure is, Sir."
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Jetthebinturong

"Right men" Yelled Bloodfur "Our next move is to go down in to the gorge" the foxes groaned
"Now listen here, we are going down into that gorge and taking it over, we have Loamhedge and we must protect it, that means establishing a settlement in the gorge, right everyone get moving!"
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Leatho Shellhound

A scream echoed through the gorge, making Rooksod and Sol look up. "Did you here what I heard" asked Sol to Rooksod. "Yes" was his answer, "to your weapons men, be on your guard the whole time we are in this gorge, never leave the party without consulting me; under stood men?"  "YES" was the response. "We will make camp by the water" said Rooksod. "I'll scout ahead" said Sol.

Sol took a volunteer (OOC: one of you can go with her) (edit: it is now Wurf the mole) and ran ahead of the main party to look for the under earth water that flowed in those parts.

After running for about a mile she heard the sound of running water. It wasn't long till they found in. It was about 20 feet across and very deep. "I'll swim to the other side she said while taking her skirt off (she has a swimming tunic under neath), she slid it to the river without making a splash. and popped up at the other side. "This will make a good camp site", she shouted across to ______ (edit: it is now Wurf the mole)"We will have to make a raft though, or carey all the beasts who can't swim."

click the banner

W0NWILL

Wurf nodded, "Oi'd loike thet miz. But oi don't know whur we'm cudd be foindin' wudd doon 'ere." He put a digging claw in the water, "Burr, it be's cold!" He observed.

Rainshadow

David gazed down into the abyss, then looked at Adam.  "Should we go down?"
  "Are you kidding?" Adam asked, starting to climb down the ladder that had been placed there.  "Of course we explore!"
  David grinned.  He had hoped Adam would've said something like that.  As soon as the male wildcat got far enough down the ladder, David started after him.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Mattio

Esquilo saw Adam almost fall down the abyss. "Yew all right there mate?" He called down guessing they were gentlebeasts.

Leatho Shellhound

"Very true my-little-freind, we could build a zip-line though, here", she tied a rock to some rope she had brought with her and swung it over her head and at the right moment she let it go. It flew over the water and landed by Wurf. "Tie it to that rock ledge to your left." Sol said to the mole.

click the banner

Rainshadow

Adam looked at Esquilo curiously.  "What's a squirrel by an abyss?"  This squirrel seemed rather strange, living next to a pit.  Adam climbed back up the ladder.
 David reached the shortly shortly after Adam did, listening in on the little conversation.  Laughing, David said, "What's a wildcat doin' by a pit?  What's a smart squirrel like myself doin' by in a pit?  No beast will ever know."
 Adam rolled his eyes, then asked the other squirrel another question.  "Are there more beasts down there?"
 David walked up to the squirrel and the wildcat, saying, "Adam, be polite.  We need to introduce ourselves."  He looked to the squirrel, smiling.  "Hi, I'm David, an' this is my friend, Adam.  We're travelers."
 Adam snorted slightly, rolling his eyes.  "No duh."
 David gave Adam an annoyed glance.  "Anyway, wot's your name, good sir?"

W0NWILL

Wurf grabbed the rope and climbed a short ways up so he could tie the rope around the rock. When he finished, Wurf gave the rope a tug. It stayed put. He jumped down, "Et's gud, miz!" He called.

Mattio

"I'm called Esquilo. There are other beasts down there, just a party from Redwall." he answered coming down the tree and since he was young he was half the size of Adam."I'm going down. You with me?"

Rainshadow

OOC:  Oh, I was at the bottom of the gorge.  I can change that, though.  :)

BIC:  Adam nodded, looking at the little squirrel.  "Sure, I think you can come with us.  Whaddaya say, David?"
  David smiled at Esquilo, saying, "Yeah, I suppose you could come with us."
  Adam started towards the ladder and, starting to climb down, shouted, "I bet I'm gonna beat you!"
  David rolled his eyes at Esquilo, gesturing towards Adam and snickering quietly.  He then walked to the ladder and started going down.

Mattio

Esquilo ran down the ladder and he scurried right over the wildcat. "Hurry up! It's lonely down here." He called up.