News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

""If unwilling to rise in the morning, say to thyself, 'I awake to do the work of a man.'" –Marcus Aurelius
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Shadow of Korriban

"Clean, and ready to lick a frog."

~ Coyote Peterson
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

MathLuk

Never be cruel, never be cowardly. [...] Remember, hate is always foolish... and love, is always wise. Always try, to be nice and never fail to be kind. [...] Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Twice Upon a Time
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

heatwave

"A ship in harbor is safe — but that is not what ships are built for." — John A. Shedd.

Sebias of Redwall

"They say there are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe what is." - Viggo Grimborn, Dragons: Race To The Edge.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Delthion

The good people—amongst whom I naturally class myself—feel that everything is miraculous; they are continually amazed at the strangeness of the proportion of all things. The bad people, or scientists as they are sometimes called, maintain that nothing is properly an object of awe or wonder since everything can be explained.

—Arthur Machen
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

shisteer of nothing much

"There's no point in being a learner driver if you can't run over a few cones now and then."
-My dad.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Hah! Your dad is awesome.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Hickory

"Unlike Sokolov, the thought of defecting has never once crossed my mind. I love my country. I love this land. I cannot even imagine living anywhere else. I wish to remain a hero of the great Motherland. I cannot bear the thought of being hounded into a corner and being left to waste away..."

-Granin, Metal Gear Solid 3

Such a great line from a great scene. MGS has some super cheesy stuff, but Granin was (unsurprisingly, given the competition) one of the most human characters in the entire game.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on July 21, 2020, 06:48:58 AM
"There's no point in being a learner driver if you can't run over a few cones now and then."
-My dad.
Hah!  :laugh:
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

clunylooney

When I'm paid, I always follow through" - Angel Eyes from The Good The Bad and The Ugly
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

One-Eye the wildcat

"I want to watch these fools struggle to climb the stairway of redemptipn, only to repeatedly trip and stumble back down into the firey pit of faliure."
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

clunylooney

Quote from: One-Eye the wildcat on August 09, 2020, 03:49:38 AM
"I want to watch these fools struggle to climb the stairway of redemptipn, only to repeatedly trip and stumble back down into the firey pit of faliure."
Who said that?
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

One-Eye the wildcat

Alastor, in the Hazbin Hotel pilot.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!