Who is your favorite female character? (Up to Loamhedge)

Started by Moss the Warriormaid, July 29, 2012, 07:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your fav female charcter?

Laterose (Also known as Rose)
Cregga Rose Eyes
Arula
Trisscar (Also known as Triss)
Mariel (Also known as Storm Gullwhacker)
Martha
Songbreeze (Also known as Song)
Honorable Rose (Also known as Hon Rose)
Jess Squirrel
Cornflower
Kurda
Sarobando (Also known as Saro)
Piknim
Craklyn
Tansy
Grath Longfletch
Abbess Germaine
Bella
Fwirl
Mhera
Fortunata
Winifred

Gingivere Greeneyes

I voted for Bella because she's one of my favourite female badger characters after Constance and Muta.
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Flandor

Those three badgers were great, Gingivere.  Also, fabulous signature :)
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Capn Greypatch

Mariel!
I loved her warrior spirit, and her will to survive! The fact that she started with nothing (except a rope!) and was clueless about her identity, made me really root for her. Mariel was a true warrior!
Plus, I enjoyed seeing her try to adapt from a 'rough around the edges' girl to an Abbey beast...she always stayed true to herself and knew who she was though (if that makes sense)!
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

WildDoogyPlumm

I voted for Hon Rosie, but I also like Mariel, Song, and Fwirl.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

W0NWILL

I voted for Saro, but I like Triss and Hon Rosie as well.

Redwallfan7

Saro and Triss are cool, I didn't really like Hon Rosie that much.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

Oh, I also like Cregga, there's so many to choose from!

Dannflower Reguba

Ugh, I hate Mariel... If you're looking for a Mary Sue in the Redwall series, look to her!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

Dannflower Reguba

First off, she nearly killed Gabool the Wild without breaking a sweat, and with NO experience what so ever... This is far worse than Matthias over Cluny in many ways, Matthias had had at least SLIGHT experience, he had a grueling battle beforehand, and he won because of Clunys' stupidity. that's one, two, she is ALWAYS the biggest and baddest (to use the term lightly) she is ALWAYS right, is ALWAYS the most important factor (usually by a long shot), and Never makes a bad decision... THAT is a Mary Sue!

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

Yah, she's pretty cool.... Kind of nice to have the change-up from otters' wielding slings.  :)

Redwallfan7

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 02, 2012, 08:35:23 PM
Yah, she's pretty cool.... Kind of nice to have the change-up from otters' wielding slings.  :)
I think I like her way better than Rose and Mariel. She seemed way tougher than both of them, imo.

Capn Greypatch

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 02, 2012, 08:32:21 PM
First off, she nearly killed Gabool the Wild without breaking a sweat, and with NO experience what so ever... This is far worse than Matthias over Cluny in many ways, Matthias had had at least SLIGHT experience, he had a grueling battle beforehand, and he won because of Clunys' stupidity. that's one, two, she is ALWAYS the biggest and baddest (to use the term lightly) she is ALWAYS right, is ALWAYS the most important factor (usually by a long shot), and Never makes a bad decision... THAT is a Mary Sue!

Interesting point of view...

I'd say she had lots of experience - she got thrown into the sea and landed on shore, stranded, having to survive by herself...that takes talent. :P
And hey, she's not always the most important factor...for instance, Lord Rawnblade played a pretty big role too..
As for never making a bad decision, I'm sure we could pick out other characters who didn't make mistakes either.

Although, maybe the effectiveness of her gullwhacker was exaggerated a bit...

Anyway, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. :P
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Moss the Warriormaid

Well, Mariel sort of is what you call a 'born warrior'

She has this determination that burns inside of her and moves her on.

And she has a strong will, which can sometimes move into her battle skills.

Hey, 'tis a tie for Songbreeze and Mariel! They're neck in neck! *le gasp*