Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corporal Rubbadub

Quote from: Captain Wortshire on June 06, 2020, 06:12:09 AM
Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on June 06, 2020, 12:40:03 AM
(What she said)

Captain Haddock: My memory isn't the way it used to be.
Tintin: What did it used to be?
Captain Haddock: I've forgotten.

Tintin: We've got bad news. We've only got one bullet.
Captain Haddock: What's the good news?
Tintin: We've got one bullet.

Captain Haddock: You do know what you're doing, right?
Tintin: Relax. I interviewed a pilot once!

Captain Haddock: Nobody takes my ship!
Tintin: They've already taken it.
Captain Haddock: But nobody takes my ship twice!

Silk: I'm not a bad person. I'm a kleptomaniac.
Thomson: A what?
Inspector Thompson: It's fear of open spaces.
Thomson: Poor man. No wonder he keeps his wallets in the living room.

Red Rackham: Kill his men! 

The Adventures of Tintin, one of the greatest animated films, (in my opinion of course)
Agreed!
For this quote, i kind of forgot it, and cant look it up now, so here goes-
Ruffnut and tuffnut *warbly tone in singing*- OH Garff! You must truly knoooowww! We are very sorry to see you gggoooooo!!!! (i forgot the rest)

Captain Wortshire

"What's the matter...? Are you simply going to watch? Are you forsaking him to save yourself? Death awaits him if you do nothing. Was your previous decision a mistake then? Very well...I have heeded your resolve. Vow to me. I am thou, thou art I...Thou who art willing to perform all sacrilegious acts for thine own justice! Call upon my name, and release thy rage! Show the strength of thy will to ascertain all on thine own, though thou be chained to Hell itself!" - Arsène, Persona 5
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

Jetthebinturong

Doctor: If this missile explodes, millions will die. You will die!
Morgaine: I shall die with honour!
Doctor: All over the world, fools are poised, ready to let death fly! Machines of death, Morgaine! A screaming from above. A light brighter than the sun. Not a war between armies, nor a war between nations, but just death! Death gone mad! A child looks up at the sky, his eyes turn to cinders. No more tears, only ashes! Is this honour? Is this war? Are these the weapons you would use? Tell me!
~ Doctor Who: Battlefield
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

One-Eye the wildcat

"Professionals have standards."
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Tinarandel

"And now - Piertotum Locomotor!" cried Professor McGonagall.

And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armor jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.

"Hogwarts is threatened!" shouted Professor McGonagall. "Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!"

Clattering and yelling, the horde of moving statues stampeded past Harry: some of them smaller, others larger, than life. There were animals too, and the clanking suits of armor brandished swords and spiked balls on chains."

~Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 30: The Sacking of Severus Snape, by J.K. Rowling.
"The oldest and greatest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and greatest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."~H.P. Lovecraft.

"Try not to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."~William Faulkner.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." ~Terry Goodkind.

Jetthebinturong

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold! Come on, Ace — we've got work to do!"
~ Doctor Who: Survival
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Captain Wortshire

"You made me wait quite a while. You seek power, correct? Then let us form a pact. Since your name has been disgraced already, why not hoist the flag and wreak havoc...? The "other you" who exists within desires it thus...I am thou, thou art I...There is no turning back...The skull of rebellion is your flag henceforth!" - Captain Kidd, Persona 5

"My... It's taken far too long. Tell me... Who is going to avenge her if you don't? Forgiving him was never the option... Such is the scream of the other you that dwells within... I am thou, thou art I... We can finally forge a contract... There you go... Nothing can be solved by restraining yourself. Understand? Then I'll gladly lend you my strength." - Carmen, Persona 5

"Have you finally come to your senses? How foolishly you averted your eyes from the truth...A deplorable imitation indeed...Best you part from that aspect of yourself! Let us now forge a contract...I am thou, thou art I...The world is filled with both beauty and vice...It is time you teach people which is which!" - Goemon, Persona 5

"Have you decided to tread the path of strife...? Very well. Let us proceed with our contract at once. I am thou, thou art I... You have finally found your own justice... Please... Never lose sight of it again. This memorable day marks your graduation from your false self..." - Johanna, Persona 5

"What denies you is an illusion... A curse put upon you by the heartless... You knew from the very beginning... And yet, you cowered in fear... Will you die as you are told...? Who will you obey...? Cursed words spat out by a seething illusion? Or the truth within your own soul? Contract...I am thou, thou art I...The forbidden wisdom has been revealed. No mysteries...no illusions shall deceive you any longer." -Necronomicon, Persona 5

"I see you finally made up your mind...my dear, fated princess. Freedom for you must stem from betrayal. If you still yearn for it now...then you must not err. Now, tell me...who shall you betray? Yes, that gaze...! I can finally display my true strength. I am thou, thou art I...Let us adorn your departure into freedom with a beautiful betrayal." - Milady, Persona 5

"So Adamant... Rather than accept a life in cinders... You'd strive towards splendor-- you know the risk... Well, if those really are the shoes you've chosen... Then we'll dance to the end. I am thou, thou art I... Accept this contract... The spell cast upon you." - Cendrillon, Persona 5 Royal
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

Sebias of Redwall

"Well I, for one, am definitely against getting us killed. Or at least, mine getting killed." -Tuffnut

"With love comes loss, son. It's part of the deal. Sometimes it hurts, but in the end, it's all worth it. There's no greater gift than love." - Stoic

Gobber: Hang up those saddles and get married.
Tuffnut: The M word.
Ruffnut: Gross. Unless it's me.

Stoick: This is Berk, son. It's our home. It was the home of your grandparents, and their grandparents before them. And it's my job as chief to protect us, Hiccup. And one day, when you're all grown up, that job will be passed on to you.
Young Hiccup: Okay.
Stoick: And it's very important, son, because out there, beyond the sunset, lies the home of the dragons.
Young Hiccup: Wow!
Stoick: Aye. Legends tell of ships that sailed too close to it, only to drop off the edge of the world, never to be seen again. But those sailors who turned back told tales of a great waterfall and dragons guarding the entrance to a Hidden World.
Young Hiccup: Woh.
Stoick: Not just a nest, Hiccup, but a land from which all dragons come.
Young Hiccup: Even Night Furies?
Stoick: Especially Night Furies.
Young Hiccup: Those are scary.
Stoick: Don't you worry. One day I'll find the Hidden World and seal it up, so that people and dragons will fight no more.

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Scott McLamok

"We're just clones, sir. We're meant to be expendable." – Sinker
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

One-Eye the wildcat

"Not to me." ~Master Plo Koon, Clone Wars Season one.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

"Minion, you were right! I was... less right!" -Megamind.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Corporal Rubbadub

host - are you uncomfortable or something? you wanna - you know what? take off your shoes, j-just take them off! take them off.
other - um. no. its fine.
THE CROCKPOT SHOW

Scott McLamok

Quote from: One-Eye the wildcat on June 11, 2020, 04:35:31 AM
"Not to me." ~Master Plo Koon, Clone Wars Season one.
*Finger guns* Eeey

"I can bring you in warm.... Or I can bring you in cold...." - The Mandalorian
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Luftwaffles

"It is better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done" - Ross Scott.

I live by this one.

Also...

"Piracy is like bacteria - a lot of it kills you, but you need a little bit of it to stay alive". - Ross Scott.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

MathLuk

I am the Alpha and the Amiga!

-Son Goku, Dragon Ball Z Abridged, Episode 30 Part 1
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE