Rose (yes, Rose again): Did she actually die?

Started by Dannflower Reguba, July 10, 2012, 04:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:P

6 (54.5%)
5 (45.5%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Dannflower Reguba

Oh my gosh! Seriously!

@Flandor If you don't like this "Nitpicking" as you seem to call it. Than go somewhere else and post.

@Felldoh One, never said she was to be buried... and what does that matter anyway? TO BE BURUIED? And did you read what I said?

Quote"Ahhh. But that's the thing. He didn't say outright that she was DEAD... And besides. he was young, he is no authority on death yet."

I still stand on this, High and dry even after you come storming after me..... Why do you HAVE to try and force your syniscism on me? Or others that beleive this way?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

psybox

Quote"Ahhh. But that's the thing. He didn't say outright that she was DEAD... And besides. he was young, he is no authority on death yet."
it didn't say outright that martin has purple fur, so is he purple furred?

Dannflower Reguba

That's taking things way out of cotext... And actually I think It says his fur is brown... Main characters appearances are usually described to the reader because these books were made for blind children.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

psybox

they do say he has brown fur, but that implies (key word: implies) he doesn't have purple fur, it still never said he doesn't have purple fur, and creatures can have both purple fur and brown fur.  Sorry if that sounds mocking, but sometimes it's better to trust in implications rather than believe that an author will give the reader every single detail available.

Dannflower Reguba

Again, it's your own choice. If you want to imagine Martin having purple fur (which is taking things a little too far) then that is your choice... But that is a bit more insane than imagining that Rose lived.

Felldoh154

I disagree, Martin definetly had purple fur and rose died :)

Dannflor

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Felldoh154

Redwallfan7

I thought that the t.v show was way cooler than the book, even though I liked the book. I'm editing this post so I don't cause controversy. I didn't like some of the changes that they made, and again, I enjoyed the book. Even though the book is way too sad to be in my top favorites anymore. To get back on the subject, I believe Rose died physically, but was still alive in spirit.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

psybox

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 14, 2012, 05:18:46 PM
Again, it's your own choice. If you want to imagine Martin having purple fur (which is taking things a little too far) then that is your choice... But that is a bit more insane than imagining that Rose lived.
you are missing the point, i wasn't saying that he did, i was saying according to your argument martin has purple fur.

Felldoh154

Dannflower Reguba

I never once said anything that suggests that. You guys are tking my words WAY out of context and sensability, and until you grow up and put them back in context. I'm not even going to bother debating it.

Felldoh154

Saying rose is alive takes it way out of context to ya know

psybox

again, i am not saying that he has purple fur, or that you come up with insane ideas, i am saying that your argument is incorrect because, as i stated, if not saying something happens make something happen, people could come up with insane theories like martin having purple fur. 
Quote from: psybox on July 14, 2012, 04:04:05 PM
sometimes it's better to trust in implications rather than believe that an author will give the reader every single detail available.

Felldoh154