News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

War In 1700

Started by SilentSam, September 17, 2015, 03:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izeroth

•The Prusso-Saxon forces take heavy casualties, but manage to hold their ground against the French attackers. The main army pushes forward, still intent on reaching Paris.

•The Prussians garrisoned in Alsace-Lorraine restrict travel in and out of the province. Local inhabitants, especially those who speak German, are conscripted into an impromptu militia.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Whatever, I'll just march them up. It doesn't matter. You are right, of course. I guess I just got so used to absurdity I started partaking! ::)

-The mighty English force of 130,000 is unfazed. Temporarily pausing their siege, they meet the large but untrained and undisciplined force of French militia from the high ground. Their heavy artillery inflicts horrible casualties, and their fortifications keep them from any major harm.

-The mighty English War Fleet rounds the coast of Spain and enters the Mediterranean, bombarding the fortress of Gibraltar as they pass for good measure. A stringent watch is set, searching for the first sign of French ships.

To King Izeroth of Brandonburg-Prussia Saxony
confidential
Very well. As England is allied to King Vilu IV of Sweden, I shall exhort him to cease hostilities, after which we shall take further action.
[close]
[close]

To Vilu IV of Sweden
confidential
My ally King Vilu, England is allied to both you and to Brandonburg-Prussia Saxony. As my forces are currently engaging the forces of Tsar Soren I of Russia, I plead that you cease hostilities against King Izeroth of Brandonburg-Prussia Saxony immediately.
[close]
[close]

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

SilentSam

*revolutions start in Poland, asking for at least autonomy*
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Lady Ashenwyte

- 100,000 troops meant for England and Sweden rush to the aid of France.

- Spanish Privateers harass Prussian and English ships.

- Spanish colonists build a small town next to the fort. More settlers pour out into the wilderness to seek adventure and freedom.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

-The Venetian Cavalry harasses the 5,000 troops, and guns fire on them, forcing them to retreat.
-General Ferile leads a new campaign against Lwow with the larger army of 140,000. Calling to Prussia for aid.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

To Sablepaw of France
We are greatlful for your aid in the Poland War. Switzerland will gladly assist you. 40,000 Swiss troops are marching toward the bombardment of Paris now. We hope to draw their attention while your people act on behalf of your capital.
[close]
-40,000 Swiss troops march to Paris

-Russians withdraw from Warsaw to Lwow, to bolster defenses there.
-46,000 Russains troops march from Kiev to Lwow
-Lwow prepares massive supply levels in preparation for a siege.

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Ashenwyte

- 10,000 Spanish and Papal troops march to the aid of Venice.

Letter to Doge Domenicus from Pope Badger I
 Confidential
Draw the enemy to your most heavily defended city, and when they lay siege, we will smash them from the rear - Signed, Pope Badger I
[close]
[close]

- Spanish colonists make small villages farther and farther from the safety of the town.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Hickory

The Ottoman scouting force returns with valuble intel on enemy fortifications. The main force moves ahead, leaving 10,000 to guard the captured villages.

OOC: Can a great power take another great power?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

-Russians decide to take the initiative against the impeding army, and fire artillery at Ferile's army, casing casualties.

SilentSam

*the polish start riots in Warsaw setting fire and destroying stores and buildings owned by Russians, Prussians, or English. They also set fire to the now puppet government building.
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D

Vilu Daskar

King Wylder
Greetings King,
I am afraid I can't have an ally who fights my Northern brothers. Therefore I would like to become neutral with you. I will not attack you if you do not attack me.
Vilu VI of Sweden.
[close]

-Swedish ships arrive in Holand.

-Scots slowly drive the English back.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

SilentSam

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on September 24, 2015, 01:38:12 PM
OOC: Can a great power take another great power?
Yes, Poland was taken, wasn't it?
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D

Vilu Daskar

It hasn't been taken by anyone yet.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Søren

-Russians still blowing up Ferile's army

Lady Ashenwyte

- Spanish troops attack the Ottomans guarding the captured villages, and win, but after losing almost half of their men. 5,000 reserves, and 2,500 militia march to reinforce the original Spanish army.