News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

OOC: Long way 'Round (RELAUNCH)

Started by Dannflower Reguba, February 26, 2018, 06:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Alright, I was going to make the new thread, but Jack's been gone since August. @Jack the Quick  You around bud? Should anyone that's not signed up take interest, y'all are beyond welcome to throw in a sign-up sheet!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Verdauga

*Coughs the dust off of the topic.*
Is this still open? Or not? Sorry for getting here so late.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Dannflower Reguba

It is absolutely still open, I'm not one to close my sign-ups, even late into the RP. That having been said, we're really starved for players right now, so anyone willing is beyond welcome.  ;)

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Verdauga

Okay! How's this?
Spoiler
Name: Maeus

Species: wildcat

Appearance: Matted orange, black, and white fur. Wears faded red tunic and patched grey-brown trousers, and a heavy, patched brown coat.

Weaponry:Blunted sword and a sling (It's a stone on a leather cord. A sling is the closest thing I could think of.)

Backstory:Maeus lived a rather calm life, his parents being farmers. He left home while in his teens and eventually became the leader of a small band of vermin. After an unusually prosperous raid, he found himself facing the daggers of his troop. Attacked and left for dead, the only reason he lives is because woodlanders came across him, and decided to nurse him back to health. He returns every now and again to visit them. He had wandered north in late winter and came to Stormbreak, where he hoped to wait out the winter.

Personality: Conciliatory. An effect of his betrayal, Maeus tends to be less trusting of vermin, and more cordial to woodlanders, almost becoming reckless to prove that he is different.
[close]

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Dannflower Reguba

Seems pretty solid, just want to clarify a couple things. This RP starts in the far North, and they travel South to Redwall. Just want to confirm because the character seems more southern oriented based on clothing choice and wording in the history.

Verdauga

Got it. I'll modify it so he's wearing better clothing and it says he traveled north. Will that work?

One-Eye the wildcat

"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Verdauga

@danflorreguba out of curiosity, when do you plan to set up the new thread? I know stuff can get in the way, so just asking.

Dannflower Reguba

Just trying to get some things figured out (vague, I know -_-). It should be soon, if not, feel free to keep booping me until I do. I get distracted quite easily sometimes. Also, Verdauga, your character is accepted.

Verdauga

Okay. Thanks! And I understand you're trying to figure it out, it happens.

Jarky Thistlebrush

The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Dannflower Reguba

If I don't say explicitly that I'm not taking anyone else, it's almost a given that more can join  ;) The bigger the group the better.

Jarky Thistlebrush

In that case...
Spoiler
Name: Thrun 'Barrelbrain' Broadclaw
Species: Arctic fox
Appearance: Huge and brawny, coarse white fur with a slight limp and half a tail missing. Wears a colourful but rather frayed quilt as a cloak and a once fine pink velvet gown belted with a piece of rope. The gown is equipped with several poorly sewn on pockets.
Personality: Thrun is a rather eccentric beast, known to throw in strange comments partway through a conversation. He is also quite mad and loves to collect strange objects.
History: As a young 'un, Thrun lived on the far north coast. When his parents went missing after a corsair attack, Thrun journeyed south and inland. The journey drove him half-mad. Eventually, the young arctic fox found safety in Stormbreak, though he was quite reluctant to live there and found himself a peaceful cave at the base of a nearby mountain. He has since spent his life wandering around talking to himself and picking up little trinkets found frozen in the snow.
Weaponry: A staff and a long, rusty sword, not to mention all the other little trinkets he possesses that could be used as weapons.
Other: Has a mute Arctic Snow Lizard as a pet.
[close]
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: danflorreguba on November 02, 2019, 02:41:51 AM
       If I don't say explicitly that I'm not taking anyone else, it's almost a given that more can join  ;) The bigger the group the better.
In that case...
Spoiler

Name: Tergen Mintail.

Species: Squirrel.

Appearance: Jet black fur with a white line above right eye, almost like a scar, and a white tail. He wears a fur tunic/vest that comes down to just above the knees and a brown belt with a scabbard of the same colour. His quiver matches the belt and scabbard and sits on his right shoulder, rather than his left. His arrows are fletched with light blue feathers.

Personality: Honest and friendly, yet privately reserves judgment of someone's character until he's got to know them properly. Looks at all sides of an argument before coming to a decision, yet holds his beliefs strongly and is always ready to have a friendly argument with someone, and appreciates it when they can convince him of their point of view. Is slow to anger but can also be slow to forgive.

History: Tergen grew up in a small settlement at the bottom of the mountain. When he was twelve seasons old, his family moved to Stormbreak due to a fire that destroyed their home and most of their other possessions. For the first season, Tergen and his sister did small jobs for food or money while their father set up shop as a carpenter. During that winter, his sister and mother both died of the fever, leaving Tergen and his father to fend for themselves. Tergen soon discovered that he wasn't any good at carpentry and joined the army instead, learning the skills and theory of warfare. Unfortunately, he was wounded on his right arm, forcing him to quit and return to Stormbreak, only to find that his father was on his death bed, due to a head wound from a flying bowl when he was delivering a batch of new tankards to the tavern.
Now alone in the world but with a house to stay and some money saved from his father, Tergen went back to doing odd jobs, until he got a job at the tavern, washing the dishes. His paw had now healed and he'd been promoted to cook.

Weapon: Curved sabre and bow.

Other: Tergen is an expert mimic, though he considers his skill a bit too rash and impulsive to use very frequently.
[close]
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Dannflower Reguba

WELL ALL ABOARD THEN I SEE  :o Recruitment's been good apparently, y'all are accepted, and I'll be trying to get the OP up soon.