News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Forum Prom (Planning thread)

Started by The Shadow of Korriban, January 28, 2020, 01:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The theme?

Goth style.
3 (15%)
Jane austin style.
4 (20%)
Hospital theme!
1 (5%)
Mansion in the clouds.  (With swimming pool)  (And a ballroom)  (And a dedicated buffet)
3 (15%)
Your ideas?  (Leave comment)
9 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 20

shisteer of nothing much

Nah, that's not how it vorks.

What do I mean left in the dark? Exactly that! Guys show the exact same emotions when they like you as they do when they utterly despise you, and they're completely oblivious to the fact! They think they're not playing mind games, but they actually are.
On that note, what do you mean 'like girls'? We do NOT play mind games! We just can't figure out what the guys want because they think it's clear anyway so they don't tell us! No communication skills and no spacial awareness, and yet they expect us to know exactly what they intend to do, even if it goes completely against social norms.  :laugh: (These are all overexaggerated things, of course)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

See, you say all these things, but these are all also things true for guys.  And you say that all we have to do is ask and risk rejection?  Girls can TOTALLY do that too, then you get to skip the whole "I can't tell what he's thinking" deal.  You say we have no communication skills, so then why wait for us to ask?  Also, not sure about the spacial awareness thing or the social norms thing, but I probably shouldn't ask either  :laugh:

Guys in general don't have nearly as much going on in their heads at the same time as girls.  We tend to think in a more linear fashion.  It's your thought process that over-complicate the situation!
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Kreg

You two sound like a married couple having an argument.  ;D
You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

shisteer of nothing much

I know they're true for guys, that's my point! See what I mean? Guys can't even listen properly! Whenever we say anything to them, they never listen and then blame us for talking too much when we repeat ourselves! Guys are also completely oblivious to what's going on around them. They don't even try to read our emotions and they do completely bizarre things. And then they say stuff like 'you should ask' but they don't say that to whoever they want them to ask so the poor girl doesn't know that that particular guy wants to completely do away with social norms, reputation and tradition.
Of course you don't have as much going on in your heads as us! We show our emotions clearly and actually communicate, so you don't have to sit there wondering whether or now we like you, and you never give a second thought to how we're feeling.

(By the way, this argument is purely for fun. I don't mean any of it)

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Oi you, I said those things were true for us because you we're acting like they were only true for you.  Reality doesn't change just because you want it to!

And, as a guy, I can tell you that I'm constantly worried about how those of the opposite gender are feeling.  Don't try to read your emotions?  We can't tell if you're being fake or not!  Like I said, girls can be manipulative like that!  We aren't oblivious, we've just had the trust beaten out of us!

Also, on a real note, if you're actually worried about "breaking societal norms" by asking a guy out rather than vice versa, I'd say if a guy actually had a problem with that, then they probably aren't worth your time  :laugh:
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

I know, I was just driving my point home about how guys are never listening and always try to twist your words! (Meaning, of course, that I was pointing out the fact that girls are just as bad, if not worse)

Ugh, why do you have to bring personal experience into this? I can't argue your feelings, especially since I have absolutely no experience with this sort of thing myself!

In all seriousness, don't be worried. A respectable girl won't judge you and, if you come across a girl who isn't respectable, she's not worth your time or effort.
As for whether or not we're being real or fake, it depends on who you are. If you're respectable, you can expect to be treated respectably by the girls that count. If you get treated less than what you deserve, chances are good that the girl isn't worth your time. The best way to tell whether or not a girl is being sincere is to look at what the Bible says about how we should behave.
As for me being worried about it, I generally don't worry. I try my best to be polite but, if a guy doesn't meet my standards, I don't give them my time. (or no more of it than I need to, anyway) As I said though, I have no experience with friendships any stronger than family and friends (aside from marrying Verdauga, of course), so I don't really know.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

this was a pointless conversation.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

No it wasn't. It provided ample entertainment.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Error. Error. Cannot compute.

shisteer of nothing much

*grins* Glad I'm not the only one to benefit from it.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Booklover

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on March 18, 2020, 10:16:38 AM
*grins* Glad I'm not the only one to benefit from it.
Which, in itself, is a benefit.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Kade Rivok

@shisteer of nothing much

Goodness, I wasn't actually being serious.  Thanks for the advice though  :laugh:
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

Goodness, is it already that time?
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!