Started by DanielofRedwall, December 07, 2011, 11:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Aleeta chortled. 'Nice, Briony!'
OOC: Can Aleeta and Briony be friends?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Mad Maudie

OO Sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :)

"why thank you Aleeta! yes i am rather fond of it myself!"
"Weel you taught us missus Briny?" A little girl mouse dibbun asked
"Mayhap later Minni! Right now I'm hungry!"
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

DanielofRedwall

OOC: I'm just trying to come up with the poem. I've got an idea for everything they'll encounter though. Maybe if someone is good at doing that they can PM me ad I'll give them my ideas and then they can turn it in to a poem. I'll let them have control of the abbot. If not, I'll keep writing my poem.
Received mostly negative reviews.

DanielofRedwall

OOC: Moving on...

Suddenly, the abbot fell to the ground, looking pale and shaking violently. He let out a great shriek, and then fell silent. He didn't move for what seemed like an eternity, before standing. All eyes on him, he spoke in a monotone and hypnotized voice.

"At first light, find the place
Where the sun breaks o'er my face.
Walk from there to western gate.
Your quest has begun: the quest of fate.
Take your weapons and walk to the west.
Your skills shall surely be put to the test.
And as you walk, beware of those
Who hide in the dark: the unseen foes
Who strike at night and fear the light.
You will find a clifftop high.
Strike your weapons to the sky.
Come not back till you have finished,
And the foebeasts' forces diminished.
You will be welcomed home again."

As soon as he finished, he collapsed to the ground again. Nobody spoke for what seemed like an eternity. Then, the abbot snapped out of his trance. "Oh dear, must of dozed off. Um, hello everyone. Can somone tell me why I'm on the ground?

OOC: Many thanks to Tiria Wildlough for creating that poem. It was perfect. Also, just so you know, the line about  those who strike at night means the Painted Ones. They are afraid of fire, as mentioned in Mattimeo, hence the line about them being "afraid of the light".

Tiria Wildlough

Aleeta faced him, serious for once. 'You fell over,' she said. 'And you recited some riddle. Don't you know about it?
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

The abbot blinked. "A riddle? Not a clue what you're talking about!"
Barrenstripe stepped forward. "Aye, but this here recorder did. As soon as you went in to a trance, he rushed out and got a quill and some parchment. He wrote the whole riddle down."
The recorder nodded. "That I did. I knew as soon as you fell something was going on. And it's clear what has gone on: Martin the Warrior spoke through you!"
At these words, a collective gasp came from the onlookers, followed by much muttering.

OOC: Sorry if anyone is the abbey recorder!

Tiria Wildlough

OOC: I don't think anyone is. BIC:
Now Aleeta looked scared. 'What do we do, sir?' she asked.
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

Putting down her fork, an unusual gesture for a hare at a feast, Krista said, "Well, if this 'ere warrior is that mouse on your tapestry, you know, the one who you all love to much. Well, if that mouse is the one who talked to the abbot, you simply must obey."
Krista picked up her fork again. She did not realize her knowledge of Redwall history and Martin the Warrior was pathetic. She was from Salamandastron after all.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Skipper

OOC:is it night? just guessing it is

BIC:Pinetail stood up and spoke 'what ever it is it must be important especially if it came from Martin' Pinetail stroked his tail thoughtfully and said 'if you'll excuse me it's been a busy day and i feel tired, i shall see you all in the morning'

Mad Maudie

"Well that was weird wonder what it meant?" Lifts a fork of food "Spooky too now that i think of it" keeps eating
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Tiria Wildlough

'Well, we should do all of that tomorrow,' said Aleeta. 'I'm tired.'
I'm not a hipster.

Mad Maudie

"Good idea aleeta!" i am sleepy too shall we go to bed?"
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Tiria Wildlough

'Aye, let's. Seeya in the morning!'
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

After all the beasts left, the abbot, Barrenstripe and the recorder still sat, chatting about the events and trying to decode the cryptic message Martin sent them. Neither were all that tired, but neither were getting anywhere. The abbot shrugged. "Maybe we should go to bed like the others. Surely fresh minds will do the trick." They agreed, and off they went.

Barrenstripe had a troubled sleep. He was tossing and turning, growling and swiping his paws at imaginary foes. In his sleep, he was witnessing the heartless torture and slavery of innocent woodlanders. Whipping and thrashing their backs, the poor beasts cried out in pain and humiliation. they had done nothing to offend anybeast, and yet were being treated in such a shocking way. And overseeing it all, sitting on a thrown, was a ferret. He showed no emotion, and yet resonated of all things cruel and terrible. From the tip of his tale to his ever-thinking mind, he was pure evil. And he was incharge of everything.

Suddenly, a mouse in shining armour appeared. He represented all things opposite to the ferret. Bold, handsomme, smiling yet serious. He spoke with a strong yet gentle voice to the mighty badgerlord. "Don't let them do this. Go with your friends, follow my instructions, stop this crulty!"

Barrenstripe slept peacefully for the rest of the night, and woke with no memory of his dream.
OOC: The ferret will be the main villain. He will be controlled by everyone, but with strict rules to keep to. I'll post them on the planning thread when I work them all out and when he is REALLY introduced...

Tiria Wildlough

That morning, Aleeta woke up, and rolled out of bed by accident. She clumsily picked herself up, got dressed, and stood at the window. She remembered the events of last night, and for some reason felt like somebeast was creeping up behind her. She whirled around, but nobeast was there.
I'm not a hipster.