News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

RP: Quest to Castle Floret

Started by DanielofRedwall, December 07, 2011, 11:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Maudie

Briony had a better idea than going to throw knifes "Lets go get some breakfast I'm starving!" she said and stated down the corridor and into great hall
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

DanielofRedwall

The abbot was sitting in a corner, talking in low whispers to Barrenstripe. The great badgerlord nodded, and stood up. The abbot also stood up.

Barrenstripe wandered over to Buck, Krista and the other hares. He spoke to each hare individually, whispering them the same message. "Come sit with the abbot and I. We have an important matter to discuss."

The abbot also wandered among the breakfasters, and he too whispered the same message to aselected group. Among this group were Pinetail, Briony, Aleeta and Foremole Dirtclaw. He selected a couple more, and they all stood up and walked over, still with their breakfast, for they were to eat while they talked.

Satisfied all the selected few were assembled, the abbot began. "I've called you all together to discuss last night's happening. We shall try desypher the riddle." here, he nodded to the recorder, who repeated what he had written.
"At first light, find the place
Where the sun breaks o'er my face.
Walk from there to western gate.
Your quest has begun: the quest of fate.
Take your weapons and walk to the west.
Your skills shall surely be put to the test.
And as you walk, beware of those
Who hide in the dark: the unseen foes
Who strike at night and fear the light.
You will find a clifftop high.
Strike your weapons to the sky.
Come not back till you have finished,
And the foebeasts' forces diminished.
You will be welcomed home again."
The abbot nodded. "Thank you, Joshua. Now, anyone got any idea what it all means?"

OOC: alrighty then! Make them work out most of it, but not the main idea that they'll be traveling to Castle Floret. Also, they don't work out the bit about the Painted Ones.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Skipper

Pinetail stroked his tail for which he was named after and spoke 'From the sounds of that ridlle it seems as if there is a quest to be undertaken' here he pointed at line four which said Your quest has begun: the quest of fate.

Redwall Musician

"'Where the sun breaks my face'?" Krista sat back and though a second, then sat up straight in her seat. "Could that part mean the east? 'Cause the sun rises in the east and it breaks over the face of the earth an' all that poetical stuff."
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Tiria Wildlough

Aleeta scratched her tail. 'Have you figured out who 'me' is? Perhaps it's somebeast else.'
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skipper

Pinetail shrugged 'Lets not jump ahead now.' he read the first line and spoke 'well it seems that the first two lines are clear' He turned to Krista and said 'i belive you are right when you say that' Pinetail sat down and pered at the neatly written writing hoping to discover its secrets

Mad Maudie

"But i was thinking of this And as you walk, beware of those Who hide in the dark: the unseen foes Who strike at night and fear the light. i remember being taught by someone about painted ones could it mean them?" she thought for a moment "And It said head west so i think west not east."
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Tiria Wildlough

'Yes, west, not east. But whose face is the sun going to break over?'
I'm not a hipster.

Skipper

Pinetail suggested helpfully 'Maybe at dawn' he shrugged 'I'm not that good at riddles' he said looking around at the creatures gathered

Mad Maudie

"Well are we going to get anything right!" Briony asked getting annoyed.

OOC: are we continuing?  ;D
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Skipper

Pinetail looked aropund and said positively
'Maybe we should move to the gatehouse where it's nice and quiet?'
Pinetail looked at the redwallers around them eating their breakfast and gossiping noisily.

DanielofRedwall

OOC: Sorry, I've been focusing on the RP contest!

The abbot looked across at all the faces gathered around and nodded. "A good suggestion, Pinetail. Let us move to the gatehouse."

They arrived at the door of the gatehouse and entered. It was small but cosy and everyone found a comfortable place to sit. It was also much quieter. Buck immediately got the discussion going again. "Well, it seems to me Martin wants us to help some group of bally beasts, eh wot? I mean 'the foebeast's forces diminished'. Looks like there is some jolly bad beast who needs stoppin."
At Buck's words, Barrenstripe's dream immediately became clear to him again. "Listen," he started, "Martin appeared to me last night. He showed me a far off place, not sure where, where there was this vermin. Ferret, I think. He was doing terrible things to innocent beasts. I think this was who we need to  stop." He then sat back and waited to see what the others thought.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Mad Maudie

"well i guess we're stopping a ferret ugh!" Briony said coughing a little
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Tiria Wildlough

'Well, what do we do? I think whatever we need to do needs to happen in the morning, 'cause it says 'at first light'.
I'm not a hipster.

Mad Maudie

"Yes morning and am i right about the painted ones?!"
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~