News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What language(s) are you learning/can speak?

Started by Muse, January 23, 2012, 09:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eualaia

american with a hint of scottish accent
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Muse

Spanish is a beautiful language and so fun to speak. I'm glad I met peop,e who are bi-, tri- or even qualingual. Most people are either "You're totally lying" or "Nerd."
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Lutra

Only English these days.  There was a time I studied French and American Sign Language...both have been long forgotten.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Icefire

I speak English.....yup.
I was supposed to learn Spanish, but our program sucks. One of the first phrases they have you learn (before hello and such) is "Somebody stole my passport!"  :o
Another was "Do you have a pen?"
Oh! And let's not forget "Where is the bank?"

I also know odds and ends of ASL....mostly just finger spelling, but I'd like to learn more!

@Nightfire: I never learned Latin and I'm homeschooled! I was supposed to, but life was just too crazy for mom with 4 small children to teach.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Redwall Musician on January 24, 2012, 05:15:16 PM
I only speak American.
There is no language called American, I think. It's the way Americans talk English. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

I only speak American.
In that case, I speak Australian. ;) I have, however, picked up a hint of an American/Canadian accent since most of the English-speakers I hang out with are from North America. My 'r' sounds have become noticeably less British.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on January 25, 2012, 07:32:39 AM
I only speak American.
There is no language called American, I think. It's the way Americans talk English. :D

I was joking. American's kinda have their own language, if you consider bad grammar a language.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Redwall Musician on January 25, 2012, 03:27:38 PM
Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on January 25, 2012, 07:32:39 AM
I only speak American.

I was joking. American's kinda have their own language, if you consider bad grammar a language.

i Speak English and Americans kinda have there own language well the south do anyway "That aint right y'all Pull more te you lefts no your other lefts!"
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.

Lily

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on January 26, 2012, 07:27:57 AM
Heh. I lke languages.
Me too! And I'm fascinated by accents.

I was wondering, do you speak fluent Khmer or do you just know enough to get by in your daily life in Cambodia? I noticed when I was there that pretty much everyone (in the cities, anyway) knew how to speak English as well as Khmer.

Tiria Wildlough

I know enough to communicate. 'Neakh nikhyey khmae teh?'
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Nice. I once had my siggie in Brazilian Portugese, but I had to switch back to English, because everyone kept thinking it was either Spanish or Latin! :o
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Bragoon

I have a touch of a Southern accent (American Southern, you understand).  Y'all, real quick, and several other euphemisms regularly enter into my ordinarily neat and tidy speech. 

It probably comes from having lived in North Carolina most of my life, but it's kind of funny to think that I do have that touch of an accent, but neither of my parents do, since they're from Illinois. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

buckler

God is coming REPENT REPENT.