News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Hunger Games discussion

Started by BrookSkimmer, March 23, 2012, 11:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

There's the thing though. As valid as the point IS. Should it really be represented by Gladiatorial slaying of Teenagers? You have to stop and think about an Author who'd write this kind of stuff. What if someone made a movie about the Romans persecution of Christianity? And showed just what they did? (I'm not going to explain as it is nasty), it wouldn't get very far even with historical value on its side. The Hunger Games made it through these hurdles by disguising it behind "good points." It doesn't alleviate the evil images.

I mean no disrespect by this post, it is just me pointing (lol) out some of the less desirable things. I know a lot of people who really enjoyed the movie, and the books that I know to be very nice people.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

You're missing the point, Dann - there are really evil movies and books out there, and people enjoy them. The Hunger Games is meant to show people just what they're enjoying. Sorry if that didn't make total sense.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

Not really. Why would you show, in your own movie, the very thing that you're trying to show is bad? That's like.... That's like..... I'm not going to give an example because that would be PG-13 and higher. The fact of the matter still stands, that Gladiatorial events aren't meant for entertainment.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

If people didn't see the bad things, they wouldn't do anything about it. Sometimes you need to give people a shock in order to get them to act.
I'm not a hipster.

phoenixfoden

Dannflower Reguba

Do you see anyone acting though?  ??? I certainly haven't... But that's in America, maybe you've got more proactive people down under.   ;).

phoenixfoden

What really annoys me is there are under 13s reading these books and movies

Rainshadow

Not to be rude, but why does anyone think that people under 13 can't read or watch certain movies or books?  I was seven when I watched my first PG-13 movie, and eight when I started Redwall.  Some people can handle things better than others.  I don't believe age really matters.  Sure, I wouldn't let a toddler watch The Hunger Games, but I might consider letting a 9 year old watch it if they could handle it.  I certainly was able to handle nasty movies at that age!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

phoenixfoden

Is a matter of innocence.i first played gta at 8 years.i did not need to know about those things at that age!

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

phoenixfoden

Tiria Wildlough

Rainshadow's right - it depends on how mature you are. I'm only 12 and I've read the Hunger Games trilogy. Is there anything wrong with that?
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on December 05, 2012, 02:51:43 AM
Rainshadow's right - it depends on how mature you are. I'm only 12 and I've read the Hunger Games trilogy. Is there anything wrong with that?

Yes!  Someone agrees with me!  And no, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

phoenixfoden

Let me just share somthing:people think violent crime by women is going up because of tv,books games and movies are showing women with voilent behavour.

Mattio

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on December 05, 2012, 02:51:43 AM
She is right because I read Hunger Games when I was nine I think. I read the whole Harry Potter series by the time I was out of second grade. I've always been an advanced reader. And if someone Isn't mature enough to handle it they can just put the book down.